Bringing kids to concerts

A man who brought his pregnant wife to a local metal concert today got punched in the face and trampled to DEATH. This is why I would never take a kid to a metal show. Hell, I won't go to show if it means I have to breath the same air as guys that would let this happen.

edit: Opeth would be an exception, they draw a diffrent crowd.

Braighs said:
A man who brought his pregnant wife to a local metal concert today got punched in the face and trampled to DEATH. This is why I would never take a kid to a metal show. Hell, I won't go to show if it means I have to breath the same air as guys that would let this happen.

That honestly made me LOL, thank you.

And about the crowd... they defnitely have plenty of moshing now a days...

Scourge of Malice said:
That honestly made me LOL, thank you.

And about the crowd... they defnitely have plenty of moshing now a days...
why did you LOL, that pisses me off.
And yes, and I did join in the moshing. But if someone is lying on the ground bleeding, YOU PICK THEM UP!

rrjii2000 said:
While this is a noble undertaking, I'm not so sure it's a good idea. I took my 10 year old to see Opeth last winter, and half way through the show, he started exibiting symptoms of Virtigo. Virtigo is an illness that manafests itself when inner pressure of your ear canals becomes unequal. This happens mostly to scuba divers, but it can also happen when sound pressure levels are very high. Symptoms include: dissorination dizzyness, and in some cases temporary blindness! Kids are obvously more prone to this condition than adults, and it can be quite dangerous to your hearing. Even with earmuffs!

To make a long story short he became quite ill. All the smoke did not help either, I smoke a pack a day and it was even hurting my eyes. He was quite fucked up to say the least. He loved the concert though.

I'm not so sure it's a good idea
I'm sorry he got ill from the concert. It's very unfortunate. :(

We stayed as far back as possible to lessen the sound and the smoke, and we were mostly on the second level as well, which had no smoke at all and the sound was even lower than downstairs. They both fealt fine during and after the concert.

Braighs said:

edit: Opeth would be an exception, they draw a diffrent crowd.
Damn! That's awful. :( I have never seen/heard it happen in Sweden though. From what I've heard and experienced, people in Sweden seem to be much more considerate towards others on concerts and in the movies than in the US.

Braighs said:
yeah, Opeth brings murderers to concerts, i forgot. :rolleyes:

wtf theres huge amounts of fucking retarded opeth fans at concerts, its the same with any band really, i think id enjoy watching a symphony orchestra more appreciation wise so theres no faggoty little shitheads annoying everyone

I'm taking my 14 yr old daughter to see TOOL in Wash DC its her second show with me the first was Opeth in Towson.
My pops took me to see Judas priest, Iron Maiden, and Kiss in the early eighties I guess I was around 12 yrs old. :headbang: