Gojira - Free Willy Metal

a friend pointed me to these guys today. must say i'm very much enjoying them :kickass:

then e-bortion mentioned this thread and i lol'd at the title

Someone upload a fresh one...

Winner.jpg

Holy fuck, that video is very awesome. I've actually been giving this album a chance, and I must say it seems to be growing on me [/3weeksbehindeveryoneelseasusual]

yeah ...

The video is a technical wonder produced by famous French photographer Alain Duplantier : it was entirely made from photographies displayed at various speed one after another. There's no regular film footage.

yeah ... maybe more ... :lol: .. and Lucille's next door.
not bad for an obscure French band ...

MadeInNewJersey said:
well at this point they couldn't sell out my backyard, since no one can find the fucking album

BAH

I think theyre doing pretty good biz in europe
they just need a better distro in the U.S.
could be that they didn't press enough for the demand

Quote:
The video is a technical wonder produced by famous French photographer Alain Duplantier : it was entirely made from photographies displayed at various speed one after another. There's no regular film footage.

now thats interesting
thats how i'd hoped to make some movie stuff myself
i've done some stuff with burst photography and stop motion
but i've had trouble putting it together, flash is unstable with big files
I'll have to watch that again now to get a diferent angle on it

cheers for that

from gojira site ...

9-03-2006 (16:38)
DEAL IN THE USA
LISTENABLE is currently in negociation with popular U.S. label Prosthetic records (LAMB OF GOD, ALL THAT REMAINS etc ) for a licence in the North American territory ( U.S.A. and Canada)

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

IN THE WILDERNESS just hit me like a ton of bricks ... what a mammoth fucking riff in this track ... my fillings have become loose.

I would die to see this band live ...

The new Terrorizer just did a live report on Gojira. Apparently the whole experience is just earth shattering.

And by the way, "From Mars to Sirius" sold 20,000 copies in France ALONE. That means, you're looking at around 50,000 global which explains the sell out so fast. And that's with no massive marketing, airplay, or promos.

Just goes to show, quality goes a long way. Other labels should take notice (and the sad thing is, I don't even think they have. I am 100% convinced that all the Metal Blade scouts are still looking for the next Black Dhalia Murder).