Gojira - Free Willy Metal

JayKeeley said:
The new Terrorizer just did a live report on Gojira. Apparently the whole experience is just earth shattering.

They're certainly powerful live yeah.

But this remind me of an anecdote after The Ocean show, I asked two webzine mates, fond of Gojira who saw them 6 or 7 times :

'So what do you think of Gojira now?'

They just laughed because of my question and never answered.

:kickass:

France's GOJIRA Sign North American Deal With PROSTHETIC RECORDS - May 5, 2006
Prosthetic Records has entered into an exclusive licensing agreement with France's Listenable Records to release the new album from French metal titans GOJIRA throughout North America. The band's latest opus, "From Mars to Sirius", will be released through Prosthetic on August 22.

Mixing technical proficiency, heavy-as-concrete riffs, and socially-conscious lyrics, GOJIRA truly is a thinking man's metal band, combining fierce aggression, varying tempos, and intelligent observations into an all-encompassing 64-minute voyage throughout "From Mars to Sirius".

"From Mars to Sirius" will be the band's first album with a formal North American release, all while the group has logged 300+ live shows in France and Europe and sold over 8,000 copies of its last album throughout Europe. Now with Prosthetic's backing, GOJIRA will bring its futuristicly heavy sound across the Atlantic. The band is currently playing live dates and festivals throughout Europe for much of the summer.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=51892

how to fuck up a bands career 101 ...
this band is going to be huge ... trust me on this one

thanks dude ... some weeks ago they were not there yet, did not bother to check since.

they are so Voivodian in the lyrical department :kickass:

just got this in an email ...

i like how Earache is already using Gojira as a band to compare one of theirs to ...

granted, the new Anata is a solid effort and dare I say somewhat original in structure and sound.

Anata "The Conductor's Departure" CD
<http://www.earache.com/lists/lt.php?id=MktTBwoFTAwPSABWVAEB>
Already revered for producing shape shifting Death Metal of the highest
calibre, Anata return with another set of breathlessly technical material
that morphs from mental riff contortion to inverse melodic deviance in the
blink of an eye. Refusing to bow to their homeland's endless pursuit of In
Flames impersonation, Anata instead rival the likes of Meshuggah, Gojira
and Opeth in terms of pure disregard for convention - all the while
applying a furious Death Metal gloss that sets them apart.

Hmmm... watched the "To Sirius" video... not too sure if I like this

Oh well, back to Black Sabbath

JayKeeley said:
^attention span of a goldfish :lol:

....and therein lies the [lack of] enthusiasm for everyone to offer you samples. :tickled:

Shut up, I'm listening to "The Rite of Spring" right now, contemplating Stravinsky's use of the bassoon and how it fits into the modernist weltanschaaung :loco: