Good Brutal Tech Death

Ugh, I can't believe I forgot (and nobody else recommended) Gorguts, specifically, Obscura. I can guarantee it's like nothing you've heard before.

I'm a massive fan of tech death.. but im immenseley drunk.. so bear with me on the spelling.

Psycroptic - (Ob)Servant
Psycroptic - The Scepter of the Ancients .. If you like your tech brutal.. this is about as good as it gets..
Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked (this is where its at with these guys... awesome rec)
Carcariass - Killing Process
Carcariass - Siderial Torment
Decapitated - Winds of Creation
Decapitated - The Negation (their best album)
Arsis - We Are the Nightmare (good melodic tech)
Atheist - Piece of Time
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Cryptosy - Whisper Supremacy (imo their best work)
Demilich - Nespithe
Gorguts - Obscura
Necrophagist - Onset and Epitah
Nocturnus - Thresholds
Obscura - Cosmogenesis
Origin - Antithesis
Spawn of Posession - Noctambulant
Beneath the Massacre - Mechanics Of Dysfunction
Odious Mortem - Devouring the Prophecy
Odious Mortem - Cryptic Implosion
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris

The new faceless is not bad either.. i reckon their next one will =be gold

Why would you leave out Elements by Atheist? It's my favorite Atheist album. I guess it is a bit less agressive and more jazzy though.

Yeah I wasn't expecting such a robust response to this thread lol. Going to take me a while to work through this. War of Attrition definitely kicked my ass today though.

Seriously, start with Nile-Annihilation of the Wicked, Gorguts-Obscura, and Decrepit Birth-Diminishing Between Worlds. You'll be set my friend.

Technically not, but they ARE brutal, and they play extremely proficiently. Just because they don't wank off their guitars and stuff as obviously as Necrophagist hardly means that they're not technical.

Suffocation is pretty good, was sampling them last night. TBH I kind of like the "wanking off of guitars", although not so much Dream Theater.........

Well... Brain Drill is ultimate guitar wankery. >_>

And... of course Suffocation is good, silly rabbit.

I wish the vocals in Wormed were a bit quieter and a bit less toad like. Some of the vocals are fine but shit like the intro of Geodesic Dome doom there just sounds stupid.

Normally, I'd agree since I hate the vocal style, but somehow they make it work. Their general amazingness makes up for it anyway :)

as for some recs:

Atheretic - Apocalyptic Nature Fury
Disincarnate - Dreams of the Carrion Kind
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenfris
Gorguts - Obscura
- From Wisdom to Hate
- Erosion of Sanity
Decapitated - Winds of Creation
Demilich - Nespithe
Exhumed - Anatomy is Destiny
Gorod - Neurotripsticks
Hour of Penance - The Vile Conception