Good job christians in Oklahoma. =(

women should have the right to have an abortion.

i think its worse to bring a child into this life knowing that the resources required to take care of the child's needs will not be met.

there is a whole other level of stupidity behind this law ...

I bet there will be an increase in the amount of wire hanger abortions ... wonder if they ever thought of that little ugliness

Responsibility isn't using a condom.. responsibility is not having sex unless you're ready to have a kid. I don't believe I said definitively that I am against it for rape. Obviously there's extreme situations like that, that I wouldn't exactly be opposed.. but for Monika Fucksalottadick, I am.

So you think that Monika Fucksalottadick's kids are going to be raised properly? Do you think Monika Fucksalottadick's kids will have the same potential for success in life as Iva Planahead's children?

Do you realize that the more unwanted kids people bring into this world, the more scarce resources will become for everyone else?

women should have the right to have an abortion.

And after all of this bitching, I agree with this, really. It should be an option... I just wish women didn't look at it as one. =\ Stiff arming people into doing something (or in this case NOT doing something) hardly ever comes out right. They're not really thinking of the blow back from forcing this down people's throats. There WILL be more alleyway abortions, I guarantee it. They should have spent the time and money wasted on passing this piece of shit law, on educating women and letting them know that there are certainly other options. At least THAT has the chance to do some good.

hahaha... not to say that I'm the most responsible guy around, but it's not like I can be surprised when I'm having sex with my fiance and she gets pregnant! I'm no biologyologist... but I'm PRETTY SURE that sex is the mechanism for reproduction.

ONLY HAVE SEX IN THE MISSIONARY POSITION FOR PURPOSES OF REPRODUCTION

Sex is more than just being about knocking up your significant other, it's also a "mechanism" for showing your love and affection for a person in a way words could never accomplish.

I guess the abortion thing all depends on where you draw that line between it being some barely formed bits of tissue and being a human being.
But yeah, I understand where you're coming from, but there is ZERO good that can come of this.
I'm sure the people that have abortions are completely aware of the ramifications of what they are doing and they don't need to be emotionally skullfucked to hammer that point home.

Fuck Oklahoma.

And as for adoption? I have a few friends that are in foster care, they're all pretty warped individuals in their own ways, nice people, but pretty fucked.
I could never personally wish it upon someone to never know who their fucking parents are. Hell, I've never met my Dad and I wouldn't wish that on anyone as it is.

Pro-Life people often seem to have gross misconceptions about who they're arguing with.

Nobody likes abortion. I would greatly prefer it if no one had abortions, or if none were needed. It's far wiser to avoid a pregnancy if you don't want one, it doesn't take a pro-life mindset in order to understand that or to practice it. None of us think that abortion is just some meaningless thing that women should be able to do twice a month at a drive thru window. It's fucking terrible and it's tragic.

But women are going to have abortions anyway. Somehow. Women are going to make their own choices about what is moral and immoral from their own perspective, and their right to do that is the only thing that I'm concerned with.

There are several analogies and comparisons one could make to help illustrate the significance of this right to choice - but I'm sure you've heard them all.

Pro-Life people often seem to have gross misconceptions about who they're arguing with.

Nobody likes abortion. I would greatly prefer it if no one had abortions, or if none were needed. It's far wiser to avoid a pregnancy if you don't want one, it doesn't take a pro-life mindset in order to understand that or to practice it. None of us think that abortion is just some meaningless thing that women should be able to do twice a month at a drive thru window. It's fucking terrible and it's tragic.

But women are going to have abortions anyway. Somehow. Women are going to make their own choices about what is moral and immoral from their own perspective, and their right to do that is the only thing that I'm concerned with.

There are several analogies and comparisons one could make to help illustrate the significance of this right to choice - but I'm sure you've heard them all.

Correcto! See I'm pro-choice... but not because I agree with abortion. I'm not "pro-life" only because I don't think it's my government's place to make the decision.

you're new here it seems ;)

SN ends about 99% of his posts with "I blame the Christians" or something similar ...

don't take it personal :)

nah...i dont. i have read his posts before, and i have seen that he does that. That doesn't offend me. heck, i even think its funny!

But i still think something else that religion behind all that. "religious people" have hearts, mothers and daughters.

Yes, I do that a lot but this time I mean it. Of course I'm not saying all Christians would do this. (hell, there are approximately 38,000 Christian denominations that don't agree with each other) However I am 100% that "Christians" are behind this. It's always them. Sad but true.

The issue here is that women are being forced to "watch" the abortion take place as the doctor inserts an instrument into her vagina. The doctors cannot refuse....yes, these types of coercive methods are cruel and remind me more of medieval torture than anything else.

Maybe I'm speaking from bias here because I am adopted myself; but I am totally against abortion. The guy said that the law passed out is cruel and I agree... but I'm going to go ahead and throw in the cliche : abortion is fundamentally cruel act in itself.

I do believe that everyone has a right to life. If a mother is burdened with a child due to irresponsibility, then its her cross to bear for that and then she may give the child up for adoption after those 9 months or so are up. If a woman was raped, then yes, new issues arise, but to kill a baby with potential to develop into a healthy human being shouldn't be the solution.

Pro choice is simply assuming that just because the living thing (which has potential to grow, that is .... you cannot simply say eggs and semen are alive and throw them in the same basket as the foetus because they have different claims of potential) in the womb cannot speak out, that it has no say in the matter and it simply falls down to the mother because it's her body.

Gareth, you said that the adopted people you know are a bit fucked up in a sense; I think one cannot generalize. I know a handful of adopted people and they all turned out fine. It's all in the upbringing. The concern should be on those in charge of bringing up the foster children not the fact that they don't know their parents.

Back to the Oklahoma law; as somebody already said...if the intention was to dissuade women from going through with abortions then this is a fucked up way to do it; but then again I'm against abortion in the first place so I'm already against the act being committed in the first place. The doctors, on the other hand, I sympathize with completely; as for the mothers, they don't deserve such treatment, definitely not, but going through with an abortion is pretty vile in my opinion - (edited to rephrase).

is there a way to block threads or something so I don't have to be reminded for the next few days that there are actually people that think like this??

I have not read this whole thread nor listened to all the pros and cons but off the bat I don't really see what the problem with having someone go through and ultrasound before getting an abortion is.

And I really don't see a problem with thinking twice before having an abortion. I mean, it is a pretty big decision is it not?

Again, please don't fire on me too hard, I pretty much hate everything conservative and pretty much have 0% chance of ever visiting Oklahoma and I could give 2 shits what okies do with themselves, as long as their football programs do what they can to beat Texas (even though they suck at that lately).