Good movies needed - PsychThrillers and Jap horror and such

EricT

Don't you ever get...
Aug 25, 2005
Lost In Necropolis
So, I'm suspended for the next... long time... (disorderly conduct toward a police officer...) and i'm looking for some good movies... preferably Psychological Thrillers (Like Jacobs Ladder) and Jap Horror (Not american remakes of jap horror :p)

Any suggestions?

-Eric

dreaming neon darkspot said:
The Audition

disregarding my obsession for watching everything by Takashi Miike, Audition DEFINTELY stands out as a great great great movie, an all time favorite.

Battle Royale 1 and 2, audition, ichi the killer, suicide circle. And go with chromies love and just look up everything from Takashi Miike. you really cant go wrong with any of his works.

Cool, some of those should keep me busy for a while...

Seen the battle royales already... think i may watch em again though.

Thanks...

-Eric

P.S. Fuck cops :p

dreaming neon darkspot said:
oooh, ichi the killer, too. my cousin's fiance was talking about that movie and refused to describe this one scene in it as anything but "so horrible" ... must. see.

Yea theres quite a few scenes that are certainly not for the "faint of heart."
The best thing about Ichi is it can be absolutley hilarious and grotesquely horrific all at once.

i find profound artistic value in things like the scene in Hellraiser where Frank's body is "coming together" or in Scarface where Angel's getting his arms and legs chainsawed off, but i'm ridiculously squeamish ... but only when it comes to things like cutting off/injuring in any way or hands or feet. sawing off legs and gouging out eyes, i'm fine. go figure.

if you could, that'd be awesome. they were both on the Sundance channel during Halloween, but i didn't get the chance to record either ... and i highly doubt those movies would be showed on tv any other time, if at all.

dark comedy: "happiness of the katakuris" - it's hilarious and at times, gross. and there's "uzumaki," which is extremely weird and disturbing.

i think warrel should see "battle royale." hear that, mr. D???

can't watch "ichi" without feeling sick...

Ringu
Dark Water
Audition
The Eye
Pulse (aka Kairo)
Chaos

also heard A Tale of 2 Sisters was good

All listed above are Japanese, with the exception of the Eye (Chinese) and I think A Tale of 2 Sisters is Korean

also, 2 I haven't seen that are supposed to be amazing (not horror) from Korea,
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
Oldboy

Haha, frankenhooker looks like a fun fucking romp for the whole family.

Getting The Audition right now, and am looking for Ichi the killer but can't find it...

Thanks for the suggestions, may my 7 day vacation be well moviefied.

]=J=[ said:
Ringu
Dark Water
Audition
The Eye
Pulse (aka Kairo)
Chaos

also heard A Tale of 2 Sisters was good

All listed above are Japanese, with the exception of the Eye (Chinese) and I think A Tale of 2 Sisters is Korean

also, 2 I haven't seen that are supposed to be amazing (not horror) from Korea,
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
Oldboy

Listen to ths person.

Watch DW now.