Good pionts and bad pionts about your playing.

I'm a Bassist, playing since late 1999.

good: tapping-techniques, 3-finger picking, nice melodic playing

bad: slapping, fast-played ascending scales that don't include 3-fingers per string

Guitar;

good: my guitar

bad: the player

The one shorcoming I have that really bothers me is my speed. I can speed pick for days, but my fret hand cannot keep up.

The best thing about my playing is I'm really particular about touch and technique, note choice, etc. I guess I just try to play a little classier (even on Morbid Angel riffs). My friends call me the David Gilmour of death metal.

maninthebox40502 - Do some basic legatto exercises, man!

First you do hammer on-s and pull off-s with your index and middle finger.

Then you do the same thing with the index and the ring finger.

Then the index and the pinky.
The middle and the ring.
The middle and the pinky.
The ring and the pinky.

If you can do each one of these fast and continiously for one minute (each) you're done.

Legatto pt1 - finished!

Integrating that with your alternate picking is just a matter of time.

!!!!REHARSE or SUCK!!!!!

i've been drumming for about 6 years now. good points are double bass, and technical stuff. im getting better at improvising, cuz thats what i warm up 2. i saw Rullo play and i realize i have a LOOOOONG way to go, but hey, getting there is half the fun. i've played all kinds of metal, death, black, prog, and heavy metal. prog is definately my forte. i know what Medusa's Eyes is talkin about with the gotta have everything perfect. that can really get to ya sometimes. just gotta relax and have fun doin what you love to do. another good point would be knowing the music around you, especially if you are in a band, knowing what the others are playing, so you can play something that will fit them better. not playing on a certain section of a song could be as effective or more than playing there. theory and composing help a drummer out a lot i've found. another bad point...my posts on here are too long, 'lol'

ı play the guitar for 1 year seriously.

ı am good at:alternate picking,str skipping.

I suck at:sweeping and theory.

I am ok with legatos and tapping

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
Oh yeah, Im a pretty good tapper as well.

Shred..

I really want to see a vid of your playing.. Not that I doubt your ability and all but just to see a young person like yourself play.

I may be young, but i suck overal regardless :p . I havent been practicing my chops lately (more theory, reading and jazz improv, ear ect..) so i'd do a more recent list of my goods and bads;

Goods: Ear, Improvising over changes (ala fusion), theory (compared to what i used to be at least) Rhythm and chords, and my picking is decent enough.

Bads: Sweeping and Tapping (the things i used to be good at :p), Shredding in general, sight reading (but its improving at least),

@diabolicalguitarist, i would if I had a camera, or knew how to upload on the computer :biggrin: sorry. My teacher wants to record a song that I've written so you *might* hear it soon.

Good - The rest of my band brag about how good of a riff writer i am, i think im decent. Im a decent composer as well. I learn stuff quickly, and have a good sense of time.

Bad - my sweeping needs much work. I can do it half-assedly, but it needs lots and lots of work, but it will be good to learn. Also my sight reading needs work, heh

Good: Some say I have a good ear for transcripting songs. But I have two ears.

Bad: Motivation...