Gorement - The Ending Quest

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
GOREMENT — one of the finest yet most obscure death metal bands to ever emerge from Sweden — has inked a worldwide deal with Century Media Records for the release of the band's entire catalog.

"Within The Shadow Of Darkness - The Complete Recordings" will be made available on September 24 on 2CD and double vinyl as well as digital download.

Other than on GOREMENT's discography compilation, "Darkness Of The Dead" (released in 2004), the entire musical content included on the upcoming release has been carefully remastered from the original master tapes by Dan Swanö, who has already been in charge for the production of GOREMENT's demos and the "Into Shadows" EP. The result is mind-blowing: All songs sound fresh and incredibly massive without ever losing their original character.

Commented Swanö: "GOREMENT was one of the first bands outside my 'circle' that I ever recorded. The first demo was done on a four-track portastudio, and I must say I am a bit surprised that the sound on that one is the coolest after the restoration!! GOREMENT could have been so much bigger if they had recorded the first album in a studio that would have given them the fat and 'gory' sound their music deserves. The songs are catchy and the musicianship high above average in the SweDeath scene at the time. It was a pure pleasure to revisit these recordings and carve out the best sonics possible."

This band is ace beyond recognition lads. Save up your kopecks, get your Grados ready, and prepare to snap your neck unmercifully!!! :kickass::kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy living fuck, The Ending Quest is one of the best album I've secured over the past several years. It sounds just like the album cover, and the album cover sounds amazing. It's one of those albums that I listen to 2 or 3 times in a row before shelving it respectively and saying "I'll be back for more in about 2 weeks, see you soon, friend."

Ye got the first press? Ish legit going for 1k bruh lulz.

https://www.discogs.com/Gorement-The-Ending-Quest/release/1288782

Sell that shit and pay off your house.

Spent a little time on discogs last night. Surprised by some releases, and dissapointed by others that saw their stock dip due to represses. Not that Im wont in giving up rare cds, but may be keen on selling some heavily sought after overhyped duds for hellraising rarities dontchaknow.

Good goat that is insane. I just have the plebeian reissue but it came with a patch!

patch > money

logic > sense

Haven't listened to it in ages tbh, so don't really remember! Might have to give it another spin

Oh cool, followed you back :)

You should definitely give it another try. It's doomy with some melody but squarely rooted in OSDM. It's got hints of early Amorphis and Paradise Lost along with stuff like Bolt Thrower (which is especially evident in some of the riffing on Vale of Tears).

I would think this would also be of interest to you @J. It's got the twist you're talking about liking in your DM.

Reactions: DarkGift