Goreripper the Clairvoyant

Iron Zombius

Sep 6, 2007
goreripper tipped it the day after sydneys 2nd show!

I have been reading through the online diaries and it really is starting to smell like the BDO is next years return.

1)Started the aussie leg in perth and the boys caught up with a few guys from Rage Against The Machine, who just happened to headline the BDO this year.

2)meantioned BDO in perth set

3)behind crimson eyes as there support for sydney/brisbane. Played the BDO this year.

4)Rod tour diary from sydney stating that he had a very successful meeting with thier down under promotion staff, and want to play NZ next tour Auckland has a BDO

5)Radio interviews with JJJ. dont they help put on the BDO by providing airplay to the up and comming artist on the bill? I live in rural vic so limited to my access of radio stuff. may have done some commercial stuff somewhere. I dont know for sure

6)Playing at least 2 festivals on this tour
Italy- gods of metal festival 27/6
Spain- via de la plata festival 11/7

maybe these are all just coincidences but If it looks like a duck, smells like a duck and tastes like a duck, its more than likely a duck.

but how would Maiden land their plane in Adelaide for the BDO???!!!!</sarcasm> hahaha, fuck the BDO.

Yeah surely they'd do other shows. I'd be inclined to go to them, I'm just not into the BDO bands these days. It'd be both good and bad for the BDO organisers to have Maiden. Sure, it sells tickets and they'd rake in a bit. However it is probably quite negative for them to have a shitload of people going to see one band, and then leaving. Chances are there'll be a fair few people interested in seeing all the other bands miss out for this reason. ANd it's not like Maiden needs to reach this type of audience, or need to reach new fans.

Yeah surely they'd do other shows. I'd be inclined to go to them, I'm just not into the BDO bands these days. It'd be both good and bad for the BDO organisers to have Maiden. Sure, it sells tickets and they'd rake in a bit. However it is probably quite negative for them to have a shitload of people going to see one band, and then leaving. Chances are there'll be a fair few people interested in seeing all the other bands miss out for this reason. ANd it's not like Maiden needs to reach this type of audience, or need to reach new fans.
Agreed, Maiden fans would stand out in that crowd and could even be hostile...

Maiden doing festival in Europe shouldn't be an indicator - that's typically all they do in mainland Europe these days apart from gigs in Paris etc.

Agreed, Maiden fans would stand out in that crowd and could even be hostile...

Dont think they would be hostile. Was a great vibe down in the brewry at the novotel in sydney before the show. I just dont think the maiden fans would attend the rest of the day

They should just do what I said and do their own metal festival. It'd be huge. Get Maiden, Dream Theater and Opeth and the money will come pouring in.