Got a new radio show starting tonight - The Iron Fortress!

Caveman Ninja

It's a carnival... of monsters!
Sep 11, 2008
Dolph Lundgren's Secret Island
Well, after months of training I've finally been given a show on Shmu FM, which is a local community station.

It's my first show tonight, starts at Midnight (UK time, that's in just over 3 hours from now) and I'd appreciate your moral support! Lots of beasting thrash and old-school stuff... tonight's show includes Heathen, Paradise Lost and Mutant. It includes what is probably the world's first Heavy Metal soap opera, entitled It's A Long Way To The Top, which me and my mate have had a lot of fun writing and recording. Also we'll be going Somewehere Back In Time to 1990 and having a look at what was happening in the world of metal that year...

You can tune in at http://www.shmu.org.uk/

Cheers dudes!

Let's see is 19:44 here, and we are GMT-6, which means the program is on because I'm listening to AC/DC right now.

And a guy with Scottish accent is talking about he 90's, Slayer and Suicidal Tendencies and the Megadeth affair so it must be YOU! :lol:

Great voice and fine pace, you are doing a good job me lad ;)

Do you recorded or it's live? Because I doubt I could make a midnight show live at my age :loco:

P.S. Play some Thrahsist Regime, a wicked band :kickass:

Wow, great, thanks a lot for tuning in!

Yeah, it's live, midnight until 2AM here, kinda late but I'm a nighttime kind of a guy so it suits me ok...

Thanks for the compliments! Though I don't really have a Scottish accent, everyone here always says I sound English (even though I'm not).

Cheers again sir, hope to hear from you again next week!

Thanks for the compliments! Though I don't really have a Scottish accent, everyone here always says I sound English (even though I'm not).

Ok, I'll take the bait. If you're not English and don't have a Scottish accent (I'm not very good with accents anyway, my apologies), where are you from? :D

Remind us to tune again next week please :kickass:

Whoops, didn't mean that as bait. I am Scottish, was born here and raised here and lived here my whole life, so I consider myself to be Scottish despite the fact that I have English parents and inherited their accent. But I certainly don't feel a connection with England like I do to Scotland... this is my home and always has been!

But I certainly don't feel a connection with England like I do to Scotland... this is my home and always has been!

True Scotsman! :kickass:

My friend Darren has just returned from a trip to Glasgow (first time there) and he told me a lot about the people and customs, so I understand your pride totally.

We are a very proud nation. Sometimes that pride is misplaced because as a country there's no denying we have a lot of problems... we're always at the top of European charts for obesity, smoking, drinking etc. But it's a beautiful country too, and there are a lot of good people here.

Who made who, who made you :headbang:

It's always kind of nice to turn a radio and listen to AC/DC :D

(it was Slayer after that?)

It was indeed! Wow, didn't you turn on during AC/DC last week too? You must be some kind of rock magnet :lol:

Yeah, two weeks on a row. Kind of spooky :saint:. And don't ever play Slayer after AC/DC is a down! :p

I'm baffled to whatever is playing now, I guess I'll wait to see if you mention the band's name :D

Oh and the Costa Rican joke was good :kickass:

Caught the last few minutes of the show. Good stuff...a little Heathen & some Blaze. I wish I had a radio station near me that could handle playing some music that's not on the Clear Channel playlist.

Bloody hell! I caught the last minute of Blaze. And now it's onto something else so I never got to hear you.

Caveman, did it really take 2 months to train? For myself, I was given a 45 minute training session (mostly do with the station itself and what you can and can't say on air - ie. slander) - and then you're thrown into the "deep end" so to speak.

It is funny going back and listening to my earlier shows and how bad I was. It does go to show you how much work the professionals go through before you're ready to do radio as a full time job.

Yeah, I got sick of normal radio music so decided to do something about it :lol:

Cheers for listening guys! Wyv, I'm not sure which song you mean, this is the whole playlist for the show:

Mortal Sin - Rise or Fall
Evile - Infected Nation
Testament - Trial By Fire
Alice Cooper - No More Mr Nice Guy (live)
Motorhead - Broken
Kreator - Voices of the Dead
Forbidden - Twisted Into Form
Tool - Schism
Vektor - Oblivion
Iron Maiden - Deja Vu
Ozzy - Killer of Giants
Metallica - Battery
Megadeth - The Conjuring
AC/DC - Who Made Who
Slayer - Raining Blood
Judas Priest - Take These Chains
Heathen - Silent Nothingness
Blaze - The Truth Revealed / Meant To Be
Sepultura - Primitive Future

Not to mention It's a Long Way to the Top episdoe 2, the metal soap opera I'm writing and recording with my friend...

Bloody hell! I caught the last minute of Blaze. And now it's onto something else so I never got to hear you.

Caveman, did it really take 2 months to train? For myself, I was given a 45 minute training session (mostly do with the station itself and what you can and can't say on air - ie. slander) - and then you're thrown into the "deep end" so to speak.

It is funny going back and listening to my earlier shows and how bad I was. It does go to show you how much work the professionals go through before you're ready to do radio as a full time job.

It took 2 months here... when I did student radio I sat in on one show, watched what was going on then got chucked in the deep end just like you... best way of learning though I think... hopefully the show will be on listen again soon on the website so you can catch up with it any time...

Cheers for listening guys! Wyv, I'm not sure which song you mean,

Ok, was the Blaze one. It bored me to death, before I got scared by Sepultura :lol:, what a way to end the show.

Very balanced setlist, my kudos. Specially Motorhead, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest, it's good to see some not the usual suspects songs in a radio show. The only band I never heard about is Vektor, would had been nice to listen to them to have an idea.

Already on it. 'Out In The Fields' what a way to start! (finally for once is not AC/DC :lol: )

So the three great German thrashers: Kreator, Sodom and Destruction...*sigh*. Wish people remember Mekong Delta or pay attention to newer bands like Abandoned, that's real good thrash :D