Got a new radio show starting tonight - The Iron Fortress!

It's A Long Way To The Top...

If you want to rock'n'roll

Listening to something that's not AC/DC :lol:, Artillery never convinced me enough (I have all their stuff as MP3s but never moved me to buy the albums...or listen to the files :loco:).

Geee, 'The Wizard' talk about vintage Black Sabbath on radio :headbang:

I listened to Artillery once and wasn't digging it, but went back and gave By Inheritance a second chance because someone recommended it... I was moved to buy it after that, and that Mind Factory demo is even better!

I listened to Artillery once and wasn't digging it, but went back and gave By Inheritance a second chance because someone recommended it... I was moved to buy it after that, and that Mind Factory demo is even better!

I gave them chances enough, and frankly there's a lot of thrash out there, old and new and better than them (I took Xentrix to the gym today :headbang:), they just can't grab me.

I gave them chances enough, and frankly there's a lot of thrash out there, old and new and better than them (I took Xentrix to the gym today :headbang:), they just can't grab me.

Have a listen to their album from last year, When Death Comes. They now have a very capable vocalist in Søren Nico Adamsen and the music is just top quality. It is a bit more modern sounding of an album but in a good way. Basically I just mean they're not trying to look and sound and act like it's 1987 because it's not. Just a great melodic thrash album.

Last edited by a moderator:
On in half an hour! This week with a look at UK thrash both old and new, Spiritual Beggars, Heathen, Onslaught and much more. Plus Rockasaurus Rex and Rock Mallet go to the zoo in search of lyrical inspiration...

Not much into Stoner Metal, but I really like these guys. :headbang:

Funnily enough, we have a band in Windsor (who are quite good) named that!

Yeah, me neither, but there's really something special and unique about Spiritual Beggars... I think Mike amott must be a genius... just love his playing!

As for Rockasaurus Rex... OMG! Can't believe it :lol:

i'll have to send you up some albums,see if i can get you to play a track or two of ours on the show,if you like them.where abouts in scotland are you based at fella? we play glasgow sometimes,and more occasionally edinburgh or aberdeen...

i'll have to send you up some albums,see if i can get you to play a track or two of ours on the show,if you like them.where abouts in scotland are you based at fella? we play glasgow sometimes,and more occasionally edinburgh or aberdeen...

Hi mate, feel free to send me some stuff! Of course if I like it I'll play it... I'm in Aberdeen. Whereabouts have you played in town? And what is your band name? Perhaps I have seen you before... I do get out to quite a lot of gigs!

Hi mate, feel free to send me some stuff! Of course if I like it I'll play it... I'm in Aberdeen. Whereabouts have you played in town? And what is your band name? Perhaps I have seen you before... I do get out to quite a lot of gigs!

bands name is Panic Cell,we've played aberdeen a few times,moshulu with ill nino and drowning pool,the tunnels too i think....i know we've played at least a couple of places there!
nice city,nice and gray!!!
more background radiation than anywhere else in the uk!!!

pm me an address and i will send you stuff up-might not be quite as thrashy as you'd like tho :headbang:

No worries, I'll give it a spin anyway! Aye, I recognise the name... remember seeing posters for the Il Nino gig. My bandmate works at Moshulu actually.

Aye, it is grey... gets you down sometimes but when it's sunny it ain't such a bad place to be... And radiation, that's metal isn't it? :lol:

Cheers sir, I pmed you my address...

On in one hour... got a sizeable Dio tribute including Elf, Rainbow and earlier, and also remembering other legends of metal who have passed away but will always live on through the music they have given us...