Got a new radio show starting tonight - The Iron Fortress!

Cheers guys!

Actually my favourite German thrash bands are Vendetta and Paradox... I do love a bit of Kreator though. I have some Mekong Delta, it's a bit difficult to get into, crazy riffs and time signatures though, which I love, so I will give it another shot...

Caught Somewhere in time
Caught Somewhere in time....

I love the first three Mekong Delta albums, same as Hexenhaus, really good technical thrash.

How curious, last time I listened to Metallica in radio was this song. Long time indeed :D

I also wondered if the soap opera might be too British for my international listeners?

You can always try some Monty Python :D

Hexenhaus? I will try and check them out... I love tech thrash...

Good luck, I found their albums in the PPUSA market last September by the grace of the gods. Absolutely OOP and difficult to find, but if you like that stuff PM me ;) To me they way over Anacrusis or Toxic.

No will ever miss you! Megadeth always does you good. :headbang:

I like Anacrusis but not the Toxik albums... they were recommended by people who said if I liked realm I'd like them, but I don't. They're tech, yeah, but at the expense of good songs I find... there were a couple of good moments but that's about all.

They're tech, yeah, but at the expense of good songs I find... there were a couple of good moments but that's about all.

I agree with you, I was driven into them by the oh they're very technical thingie, but I don't find them appealing. For some reason I do with Meking Delta and Hexenhaus, albeit their songs may not be as memorable as the one playing now...

welcome to the church of lies! :headbang:

And yes SSOASS is regarded by many as the last classic album of Iron Maiden, because it was! :heh:

:lol: I will always enjoy everything they do... But yes, it was the last time they had that perfection to the songs and production that went AWOL when Janick turned up... I love the songs he writes though. Except Montsegur.

"A Fish Called Wanda" was very good, but "Fierce Creatures" is a hellride!, next time do a 1997 show :lol:

Into the pit! :headbang:

Erm...

Ozzy - Desire
Forbidden - Adapt or Die
Iron Maiden - Brave New World

Then a teutonic thrash trio of:
Sodom - Ausgebombt
Destruction - The Defiance Will Remain
Kreator - Hordes of Chaos

Accept - Fight it Back
Overkill - Soulitude

Then 2 songs which are good from albums that aren't, namely:
Anthrax - Antisocial
Bruce Dickinson - Tears of the Dragon

Exodus - And Then There Were None

Then in honour of the Oscars I did a segment on songs from film soundtracks:
G'n'R - You Could Be Mine
Megadeth - Angry Again
Kiss - Detroit Rock City
AC/DC - Hell's Bells
Alice Cooper - Feed My Frankenstein
Power Tool - Two Heads Are Better Than One

Metallica - Jump in the Fire
Evile - Thrasher

:)

That's cool that you get to do so many hits. I'm limited to about 2-3 max.

Just curious. Two hits total or two hits per band?

I know in here awhile ago you were forbidden to play any song from an album that the label didn't apporve beforehand (in case of latest albums). If you played a very old one, you can play whatever you want (but few DJs do it).

It's community radio so I can play whatever I like, as long as there's no swearing... Some weeks there will be lots of hits and some weeks none. I'm a fan of giving airtime to underrated bands and album tracks... when was the last time you heard someone play Kreator, sodom and Destruction in a row on the radio? I don't just want to be some tosser playing Sweet Child O' Mine again :lol:

On in 15 mins if anyone fancies it! Today with Gama Bomb, Overkill, Sabbat, Iron Maiden and heaps more, including the latest episode of the increasingly ridiculous heavy metal soap opera It's A Long Way To The Top...