Got my Loomis guitar!

I sense some animosity between some of you......

Will, give me that guitar so I can play it and run away.

@Eviscerator: Good shit man! I was thinking about getting one myself. Did you buy it new or on EBay or something? I hope it didn't come with that fretbuzz in new condition.

I sense some animosity between some of you......

Will, give me that guitar so I can play it and run away.

@Eviscerator: Good shit man! I was thinking about getting one myself. Did you buy it new or on EBay or something? I hope it didn't come with that fretbuzz in new condition.

You could always get rid of it with a simple string height or truss rod adjustment

Nice Loomis sig!
I've been thinking about grabbing one of those myself.
My Hellraiser 7 had some bzzing issues when I first got it too. My tech had to do some fret leveling
and then it was all good.
Hey Wiil, what model guitar is that , that you got from Jeff? (you lucky shit)
I can't make out what it is from that picture.

Yeah I just need the frets to be levelled, it's not that bad but can get annoying.

Awesome sounding and playing guitar though, definitely worth importing from the states.

You could always get rid of it with a simple string height or truss rod adjustment

True. I have had issues with my Friedman signature with the key when I go down the scale. The further up the scale I go, the more it sounds like it is out of tune. I have tried several adjusments to no avail. And, I'm too paranoid to take it somewhere because it's my baby. It's the autographed version of the Friedman and there are only 100 in the world.

True. I have had issues with my Friedman signature with the key when I go down the scale. The further up the scale I go, the more it sounds like it is out of tune. I have tried several adjusments to no avail. And, I'm too paranoid to take it somewhere because it's my baby. It's the autographed version of the Friedman and there are only 100 in the world.

cool. how much did it set you back?

I have a ke-2 myself, as far as I can recall the only difference between my guitar and yours is a different bridge and pickup configuration. fell free to correct me if this is untrue...

That's just your intonation dude, you need to check your bridge saddles and string relief. =)

Yeah I just need the frets to be levelled, it's not that bad but can get annoying.

Awesome sounding and playing guitar though, definitely worth importing from the states.

when i got my C-7 Hellraiser... i had to have the neck fixed cause it was slightly warped..

other then that its great...and the new model is a must once i have a decent job.

cool. how much did it set you back?

I have a ke-2 myself, as far as I can recall the only difference between my guitar and yours is a different bridge and pickup configuration. fell free to correct me this is untrue...

I got it back in 1999, my 16th birthday. I think it was bought for about $1,400.

@Evisceartor: Maybe I should fuck with it one of these days......next time, sober.

when i got my C-7 Hellraiser... i had to have the neck fixed cause it was slightly warped..

other then that its great...and the new model is a must once i have a decent job.

yeah the neck on this is slightly warped near the top but it doesn't affect playing at all. How did you get it fixed?

yeah the neck on this is slightly warped near the top but it doesn't affect playing at all. How did you get it fixed?
there's quite a difference between having a 'warped" neck and a neck that is either back bowed or forward bowed. if the neck is warped send it back.
the truss rod will take care of any bowing issues.