got some problem with my growling

The Growl

New Metal Member
Oct 18, 2007
when im growl i always yawn after a moment, very disturbing. i think i growl right because it doesnt hurt.

Yawning is a reaction by your brain if you do not take in enough oxygen. The yawn is simply a huge breathe in and it means you need to increase your lung capacity somehow - exercise is the easiest way.

I actually heard that that was false. You arent actually taking any more oxygen into your body when you yawn and its not craving any. Now they think it may have something to do with seeing how empathetic others around you are (making someone yawn). Sounds a little farfetched I know.

Fuck knows why you're yawning while growling. Maybe your body thinks it needs to yawn?

Weird shit. Wikipedia knows something:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yawning

When i was taking singing lessons for the first time, it used to make me yawn too, still don't quite know why, the coach claimed that it has something to do with the relaxation of the vocal chords, she might not know what she was talking about, i have no idea. Post a sample of your growling! If you wanna hear mine, check these:
www.myspace.com/avenie
www.myspace.com/dualitymetal

hey a question a little off topic how long should it take to get a halfway decent but lour roar? (I dont want to make the presumption that it has to sound amazing, just a good roar)

yes when i growl i yawn too.. i got the same situation.. i guess its normal since we both have experienced this stuff..