Got something in the mail yesterday...

Snowy Owl

OSA Co-founder
Sep 12, 2005
A tree in Middletown, PA
...sent from Odin's Court in Lexington Park. IT'S THE DVD!

I've been waiting for this since Andrea and I stepped out of Jaxx on that amazing night. I got to watch it last night and I must say, IMPRESSIVE! At long last we finally have the DEFINITIVE Odin's Court recording/live performance. The extras are really cool and I like how John was hilariously inserted into the interview footage. Very funny!

I will most certainly review this fine piece of work. Also, Matt, I mailed you about ways RFUSA can help you out with your mini-tour. Anything you want!

I also wanted to say it has been awesome getting to know you all! You are all true friends in RFUSA's book. Any of you are welcome at Andrea and I's home anytime! That also goes to all the great people I met at the pool party! :)

YOU GUYS ALL ROCK!

Snowy Owl said:
...sent from Odin's Court in Lexington Park. IT'S THE DVD!

I've been waiting for this since Andrea and I stepped out of Jaxx on that amazing night. I got to watch it last night and I must say, IMPRESSIVE!

And guess what? I got something yesterday myself! I came home from work and there was this small package in my mail. Hmmm.... What is this? As soon as I saw the words "Odin's Court" on the return address, I immediatly knew what it was! YES!!! IT's HERE!

Well, I finally got to watch it this afternoon:

IMG_1277Medium.jpg

Yes, that is a 55-inch Mitsubishi diamond series TV with Klipsch Reference 7 surround sound and B&K amp.

I am very impressed! The overall presentation was very well done and the band did put on an awesome performance that night. This truly let me relive that awesome early spring night (which I almost missed, if not for a Vermont ski trip that did not pan out.) The performance was very tight and well executed that night - definitely one of thier bests from the few times that I've seen Odin's Court.

In fairness though, I do have a few nit-picks with the DVD. First, I did notice some digital artifacting in the audio, especially during the opening credits. Also, there was some grainyness in the video as well that I definitly can notice - guess that is what happens when watching something on a high-resolution system. Whatever is fed into those Klipsch - will come out exactly as presented. If there were any flaws, how minor, you will know! Anyway, these are just nit-picks and does not detract anyway from the enjoyment of this truly excellent production, nor does it take away from the excellent work that Matt and the band did here. Hell, I am happy that there is even a DVD available! Also, it is a shame that this could not have been a full 5.1 dolby digital production, but from what I understand, that would've been difficult to do, plus the software and licenscing needed to do it would've probably been prohitively expensive for Matt and the band (correct me if I am wrong).

Matt Brookins spent a considerable amount of time and effort on this and I have to commend him for an excellent job on the production. Is it going to be perfect? I don't think anything will be "perfect", but for what was basically a one-man operation, he certainly did excel here! This is definitly up there with many of the "commercially" produced concert DVD's that I've seen. However, this will be one DVD that I'll cherish for a long time, especially since I was able to personally experience the actual show and consider Matt, Rick and the rest of the band to be very good personal friends.

If anybody would like to see this on my setup - let me know as I'll be happy to have you over!

Matt - I want to publicly and personally thank you for an awesome job here and for being a kick-ass friend! I definitly need to get a ticket from you for the Zero Hour/Odin's Court show. I also want to publicly and personally thank the band as a whole for such an awesome show as well as the awesome hospitality displayed back in July at the pool party. I am looking forward to seeing some of you guy at ProgPower coming up next week.

Overall - an truly impressive effort on the part of the band and Matt, and will be enjoyed by myself for many years to come. If you did not already get this, I highly recommend it - regardless of what type of TV/home-entertainment setup you have. This is probably one of the best $30 spent! Yes, I said "$30" - $10 for the original ticket for the show and $20 for the DVD! Hey, who kows - maybe in a few year's we will get this in full HD with full digital surround sound (I can dream, can't I?)! :D :kickass:

Again, thanks for a job well done!

Great work on the DVD guys! :headbang: :kickass:

Snowy Owl said:
I like how John was hilariously inserted into the interview footage. Very funny!
Ditto :lol:

BTW, my copy was hand-delivered by Matt :p
Of course, the fact that I live right next to where he works might have something to do with that...