Got The Time and Antisocial

Aug 23, 2011
"Got The Time" and "Antisocial" are great covers but I wouldn't shed a tear if they were never played live again. It have the feeling there's a ton of other songs that fans would rather hear.

"Got The Time" and "Antisocial" are great covers but I wouldn't shed a tear if they were never played live again. It have the feeling there's a ton of other songs that fans would rather hear.

I heard Frank on an interview saying he's ready to do all the WM songs live, but I don't think that's gonna happen.:Spin:

Yes, I for instance want to hear that Brain Of J. cover that Scott once said that this is the best cover they had ever done. Then again, I'm pretty sure they scrapped it...

...speaking of covers... Joey's version of New Noise does NOT work....it is lame.

T:)

I was never a huge fan of Antisocial. Got The Time is good, but I do agree, both need to be dropped from the setlist.

Agreed. They should drop ALL covers when they are playing festivals and try to limit themselves to one (if they HAVE to play covers) when headlining their own shows. I think Anthrax are great at playing covers; their 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' and all their Kiss-covers are stellar examples, but when I go to an Anthrax show, I'd really like to hear Anthrax-songs! Not Trust, not Joe Jackson, not Public Enemy, not Iron Maiden and not even Kiss! (Not-not not-not-NOT!)

Agreed. They should drop ALL covers when they are playing festivals and try to limit themselves to one (if they HAVE to play covers) when headlining their own shows. I think Anthrax are great at playing covers; their 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' and all their Kiss-covers are stellar examples, but when I go to an Anthrax show, I'd really like to hear Anthrax-songs! Not Trust, not Joe Jackson, not Public Enemy, not Iron Maiden and not even Kiss! (Not-not not-not-NOT!)

Agreed on this. Antisocial and Got the Time are great, they have forfilled thier purpose, but now they are taking up space in the set list. I have always felt frustrated hearing an extra cover on top of the usual 2 that get played instead of an Anthrax song, it's almost like feeling robbed of a classic or rare song or something.:bah:

The problem is, lots of people associate the band with those songs. They're the big hits.

I saw an interview with Lars Ulrich recently where they asked him what his favourite Thrax songs were and he listed those two! FFS, was he taking the piss? Does he not realise they're covers? I don't know if it was a dig at Thrax's songwriting skills or what.

Those two should have been dropped when Bush joined the band....now they are a burden that is difficult to get rid of...
...of cause they are hits...and "fans" want to hear them...if they don't play them it is like Deep Purple show without Smoke On The Water and Highway Star...

Sometimes bands come up with covers and eventually they become almost like their own song. Who the fuck knows what the original version of 'Antisocial' sounds like? I maybe have heard it once. Since the 80s, I'm sure most people in US associate that song with Anthrax, not Trust. I just think this is part of the reason it has stuck in their live show for so long. Like I said it's a great song, but they really should shake up the setlist a bit, however I won't mind hearing it if they continue to play it.

...Anthrax has been really successful with those cover tunes...but yes, they are big boys nowadays...they should stand on their own feet.

The problem is, lots of people associate the band with those songs. They're the big hits.

I saw an interview with Lars Ulrich recently where they asked him what his favourite Thrax songs were and he listed those two! FFS, was he taking the piss? Does he not realise they're covers? I don't know if it was a dig at Thrax's songwriting skills or what.

He did not know what to answer and came up with the first two tracks that were on top of his head.

They really need to drop Got the Time, it's a disgrace it's the only representation PoT gets.

The first crop of Anthrax fans associated Turbin with Anthrax, but they got rid of him.
A lot of people associated Belladonna with Anthrax but they fired him in 1992.
Lots of people associate Bush with Anthrax, but that didn't stop them from parting ways.

I think they could survive removing those two songs.

The first crop of Anthrax fans associated Turbin with Anthrax, but they got rid of him.
A lot of people associated Belladonna with Anthrax but they fired him in 1992.
Lots of people associate Bush with Anthrax, but that didn't stop them from parting ways.

I think they could survive removing those two songs.

My thoughts exactly. At this point something like "Caught In A Mosh" is almost more widely recognizable. "In My World" maybe even more so due to the Married With Children episode.