Grand Morbid Funeral

I've never owned a Vinyl, and I have rarely even heard metal albums in that format :(. Even with all the die hard fans singing its praises I just never got into that particular collection, but I would love to hear some good Death Metal on Vinyl to hear what all the fuss is about.

It does sound a better than cd but that often just works to expose hoe poorly recorded many metal albums are. For me the nice thing about vinyl is that because it is a bit work to listen to a vinyl than a cd it makes listening to music an activity in itself not just something you have in the background and I find myself just listening and enjoying the music while studying the album cover and reading the lyrics sheet etc. :)

. For me the nice thing about vinyl is that because it is a bit work to listen to a vinyl than a cd it makes listening to music an activity in itself not just something you have in the background and I find myself just listening and enjoying the music while studying the album cover and reading the lyrics sheet etc. :)

filepicker%2FxR5Mc05TbyLHbpwuZUdI_sweetbrown_autotune.jpg

It does sound a better than cd but that often just works to expose hoe poorly recorded many metal albums are. For me the nice thing about vinyl is that because it is a bit work to listen to a vinyl than a cd it makes listening to music an activity in itself not just something you have in the background and I find myself just listening and enjoying the music while studying the album cover and reading the lyrics sheet etc. :)

Well actually that sounds awesome. I don't listen to music as attentively as I used to when I was younger. Music has become a double click and the shuffle button. It would be nice to re-immerse myself into an entire album like I used to.

Well actually that sounds awesome. I don't listen to music as attentively as I used to when I was younger. Music has become a double click and the shuffle button. It would be nice to re-immerse myself into an entire album like I used to.

same here. Music lately has been only to muffle the sound of the loud mouth whores at work. I miss sitting down and enjoying the artwork etc. that was how i learn english pretty much

For me the nice thing about vinyl is that because it is a bit work to listen to a vinyl than a cd it makes listening to music an activity in itself not just something you have in the background and I find myself just listening and enjoying the music while studying the album cover and reading the lyrics sheet etc. :)

This.

I have also been there and vinyl is the most awesome cure for "The shuffle button" :)

I will buy as long as there will be physical releases. I aint gonna pay for nonexisting digital crap.
stay true brotha, it's the same digital crap recorded on CDs. Never buy!

All I do with CDs is rip it into my PC and play the MP3s. I also make a CD-R version for my car. I do not have the AUX inputs for the cars system. FM transmitters are terrible cause it is what it is, FM. But I will continue to buy CDs for the art work. Maybe I could get them signed one day.

I also rip all my cd's to mp3 and sometimes burn the mp3's as data to a CD-R for my car. Really easy to have mp3 cd's in the car: my original cd's don't get damaged and you can cram like 10, 11, 12 albums on one cd-r.

mp3 played through a real stereo, be it in a car or through a home system, sounds so bad it makes me want to gouge out my eyes and then stab myself repeatedly in the ears with a bayonet! :(

Agree, when I listen to mp3 versions on my car, god, I just want to crash into the nearest wall.

Perhaps that is why the other driver crashed into your car, he saw you playing real cds and was all like: "If I cannot listen to anything but crappy mp3 then I will not let this bastard do it either!" :)

With all the background noise while driving a car there's no way in hell you're gonna hear the difference between an actual audio cd and mp3's with a decent bitrate. Anyone who says so is being pure elitist.

With all the background noise while driving a car there's no way in hell you're gonna hear the difference between an actual audio cd and mp3's with a decent bitrate. Anyone who says so is being pure elitist.

If there is background noise while you are listening to music you are doing it wrong. :devil:
But seriously, there is difference, unless I downloaded shitty mp3s.

If there is background noise while you are listening to music you are doing it wrong. :devil:

But seriously, there is difference, unless I downloaded shitty mp3s.
If there's a difference you're not going to be bothered by it in a car with a running engine and wind blowing against the windshield. Except when they're really shitty bitrate of course.. but I know how to rip proper mp3's :)
You've not been in my car allow a me to give you a virtual tour. This is at 55mph with my CD player.

http://youtu.be/CLXLhWMFl-A
Indeed I haven't. I shall take the virtual tour at a later moment, when I'm not at work.
Then you are not playing loud enough...
;)

True though, I don't play music very loudly 99% of the time, just occasionally when I'm in the mood and no one's around, which isn't very often.. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about as a fellow father of two ;) I honestly can't remember the last time I was at home all by myself.. It's been months, before my 2nd daughter was born..