Grave Digger

7thSaviour

Power Metal Maniac
Jul 8, 2005
Dixieland USA
Here's a band I've always wanted to see at PPUSA. Favorite songs and albums by GD? I'm just getting ready to spin "The Reaper" and "Heart Of Darkness" for the very first time. Hail!:headbang::kickass:

Oh man, both the mighty Grave Digger and Running Wild are top fuckin' notch!

Grave Digger: Immediate favorites from my limited exposure are Knights of the Cross (album and song), Reingold (favorites being Maidens of War and Twilight of the Gods) and Heavy Metal Breakdown.

I'm going to include Running Wild since it was mentioned...

PORT ROYAL! Amazing album! It's the one i've heard most, but i've got two other LP's coming in the mail (Death or Glory and Branded & Exiled) so I'm excited to hear that shit.

Heart of Darkness is probably my favorite song by them, then again I like Maiden's Heart of Darkness as well, maybe it is just a theme thing... kind of funny considering that I have never read the book. Other favorites include Tunes of War and The Reaper.

At the Battle of Banochburn, the tables turn....

dammit, you're lucky I'm at work, otherwise I'd be making a 30 page post about Grave Digger!!!!!

no time to say much, but favorite album= Excalibur followed by Tunes of War.

Grave Digger: Immediate favorites from my limited exposure are Knights of the Cross (album and song), Reingold (favorites being Maidens of War and Twilight of the Gods) and Heavy Metal Breakdown.

I'm going to include Running Wild since it was mentioned...

PORT ROYAL! Amazing album! It's the one i've heard most, but i've got two other LP's coming in the mail (Death or Glory and Branded & Exiled) so I'm excited to hear that shit.

Black Hand Inn is by far my favorite Running Wild album. Favorite song is probably Treasure Island though. I'm beginning to notice a trend between good songs and books.....

dammit, you're lucky I'm at work, otherwise I'd be making a 30 page post about Grave Digger!!!!!

no time to say much, but favorite album= Excalibur followed by Tunes of War.
Excalibur is a great album and I love the title track! BTW, I look forward to reading more of your thoughts on GD later on when you have more time.:headbang:

Heart of Darkness is probably my favorite song by them, then again I like Maiden's Heart of Darkness as well, maybe it is just a theme thing... kind of funny considering that I have never read the book. Other favorites include Tunes of War and The Reaper.

At the Battle of Banochburn, the tables turn....
I'm listening to The Reaper right now. Great CD.! 9/10

Sounds like you're on the right track, my friend! I urge you to check out their last 3 or 4 CDs as well. The live DVD kills!

Just saw you made a Running Wild thread... i'ma jump over there hehe...

And i do have all grave digger albums on my mp3 player (ZOMG PIRATE!!!) and have been buying them as i find them on vinyl... not an easy way to fill in a collection. So right now my physical collection is sparse, but the point was i will take some time to check those albums out.

Also, the album The Grave Digger was the first i bought on cd a while back and i hated it. Not a strong album IMO, but hearing Knights of the Cross, Tunes of War, Excalibur and some of the older albums have changed my mind. Reingold is awesome. I'll check out some of the other newer ones as well.

And i do have all grave digger albums on my mp3 player (ZOMG PIRATE!!!) and have been buying them as i find them on vinyl... not an easy way to fill in a collection. So right now my physical collection is sparse, but the point was i will take some time to check those albums out.

Also, the album The Grave Digger was the first i bought on cd a while back and i hated it. Not a strong album IMO, but hearing Knights of the Cross, Tunes of War, Excalibur and some of the older albums have changed my mind. Reingold is awesome. I'll check out some of the other newer ones as well.

I wasn't too big on The Grave Digger at first either, but several years later and a few more listens, it has grown on me. I haven't heard the latest album yet either, any opinions?

My second GD CD was The Grave Digger, but I loved it and still do! 9.25/10 Rheingold was my first GD CD. Amazing stuff! 9.75/10

I wasn't too big on The Grave Digger at first either, but several years later and a few more listens, it has grown on me. I haven't heard the latest album yet either, any opinions?
GD's lastest offering, LIBERTY OR DEATH is awesome! 9.90/10 Check out tracks like MASSADA!:kickass::headbang:

Love Grave Digger, easily one of my favorite bands. My favorite albums include The Reaper, Tunes of War, and Rheingold. I like them all though even the first three albums which are not that great compared to what they started putting out in the early 90's up to today. Had the chance to speak to Chris backstage at BB Kings last month and they are hard at work on a new album. Should be out in 2009 and historically the album is taking place somewhere between Knights of the Cross and Tunes of War so it should be excellent.

Running Wild another one of my favorites. It was just announced that they are releasing Under Jolly Roger Part 2 this Fall, that is going to be so killer. I really hope I get the chance to see Running Wild play the States at some point. I am proud to say that I saw Grave Digger's first and only two US shows (Cleveland and NYC). There was some thing they did in Arizona but Chris confirmed that was nfot an actual show but a birthday jam for someone who requested them to come down there.