Great albums nobody talks about

[youtube]v=sdaiS0zBAL8[/youtube]

Galloglass may have broken up, but I still listen to this album fairly often. Power metal masterpiece.

This was one underrated band. I loved them. Haven't checked lately but I presume they are no longer together?

They apparently have a new disc coming soon. And I believe they have recently played a few live shows.

I 2nd the POWERMAD suggestion!

There are just simply too many to list here.

Wow. The replies make me want to poke my chest out. I really didn't think there would be very many people who would even knew who they are.

I think another oldschool monster is Metal Church's Blessing in Disguise. That release should have been as big as anything (pre-"Black") that Metallica did. They were another band that was sort of a blend of powermetal and thrash, though pure American style powermetal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd mostly forgotten about my Winger discs until friends of mine posted about seeing them live last month, so I popped them in for a listen. In The Heart Of The Young is still really good, too. They do have a handful of crappy throwaway songs, but a lot of them are really well written, they're catchy as hell, and they have the best hair metal vocal harmonies second only to Def Leppard.

(I also remember Powermad, but it's been twenty years since I listened to them, I think...)

The Borealis and the Galloglass are both in my regular rotation!

Great topic, and there are so many criminally overlooked bands/albums; we could go on forever! Here are a few that come to mind:

Deadly Sin- "Sunborn"
Masquerade- "Surface of Pain"
Last Tribe- "The Uncrowned"
Eternal Flight- "Positive Rage"
Tony Iommi/Glenn Hughes- "Fused"
Kotipelto- "Waiting for the Dawn"
Time Machine- "Evil"
Steel Attack- "Enslaved"
Slave to the System- self titled

Yeah, horrible vocal mix - but if you truly listen to what is underneath, you will find a fantastic album.

Last edited by a moderator:
Power of Omens-Eyes of the Oracle. I remember when this came out and it was stunning! So much going on all of the time. Chris moved on to Zero Hour and they released a great cd shortly afterward.

Zero Hour-The Towers of Avarice. Anything even remotely close to this would have launched Zero Hour to bigger and better, but alas, it was not to be.

Winters Bane-Heart of a Killer. Tim "Ripper" Owens debut was killer!

Destinys End- Breath Deep the Dark

No laughing matter! That album is amazing. I feel the same way about Warrant's Dog Eat Dog. I think both albums showed that their bandleader could write great songs. Unfortunately the public had already written them off....

Also an excellent example. People are usually kinda ashamed to admit that they listen to Warrant, but there were so many good songs on that album.

Wrathchild America - Climbin' the Walls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a92hNs4yD0w

Amen !! Saw them open for Pantera back in the 1800's. Awesome show !! In general, the crowd was a little more hyped for Pantera, but when WA actually did "Climbing The Walls," it was the most insane of the show. There were probably 10 people on the stage at any given time stage diving, including me. Such a great song, but also a great album all around. Love "Day of the Thunder" as well.

Bryant