Great cab's besides Mesa

Masticore

Jan 4, 2010
Georgia, USA
Interested in everyone opinion. Seems the standard are Mesa 4x12's nowadays, but anyone have any other fave cabs's they use that stack up against the Mesa's? Im doing research for a future cab I wil buy, and want the best bang for the buck.

Engl Pro cabs (not the standard), Bogner, Diezel, Mills.

The Engl cab is probably about the same price, the others are probably more expensive though. All of the above are (depending on your opinion) as good and/or better than the Mesa. Nothing wrong with the Mesa though

I'm not really sure about other cabs, but the first time I helped a buddy carry a Mesa 4x12 Recto cab I was like :OMG:

things are heavy as all hell, built like tanks. that grill cloth is tuff as hell, too. and cant forget the bigger casters than most other cabs.

Engl sound really great too, and a friend of mine who has his own studio told me about Viktor Smolski of Rage saying something about Engl amps and cabs phasing alot better than Mesas.
I'm probably totally misquoting that, but there was something about them that made them easier to record or something.

i know it's a little bit off-topic but i am just wondering WHAT exactly makes a cab a good one.
speakers, design/construcktion/wood!? waht else?

cheers
S.

I got a Laney TT cab , it is equiped vith Celestion Vintage 30 s, and it sounds good to me.
I had the oportunity to try a Marshall 1960 cab too, but i liked the Laney more :p (i have to mention that my Laney it is an 40 th anywersary edition, and maybe it is different from the standard series)

Shiiiiiittt... pretty much any well made cab will give you awesome sounds. It's all about choosing the right cab/speakers for the amp. But I'm really into Celestion Vintage Century's at the moment. My Zilla cab is made from birch 3-ply.

ive HEARD that vaders dont hold up that well under a mic
but don't quote me on that or anything, it might have been someone on here that said it.
i do have an apalling memory, so like i said don't quote me on that.