Great Guitar Solos

-CC-

Something in My Eye
Jan 12, 2009
Normally I don't care for guitar solos, but whenever a Necrophagist song is played I just can't wait to hear the inevitable bad-ass solo...

So basically I'm looking for solos in the vein of Necrophagist!

P.S. I can't stand power metal and I know solos are a plenty in that genre, so don't recommend anything like that unless you really think it's the greatest solo ever!

Perhaps I wasn't being specific enough..I'm looking for a melodic solo, preferably with some sort of sweet double-bass drum rhythm in the background or over a thick power chord..I'm not too fond of the discordant solos that is predominant in thrash metal..

To exemplify what I'm talking about, I found a video of my two favorite Necrophagist solos in one video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great guitar solo's/favs

Amorphis `sky is mine around 2:50

silent waters around 2:20

Paradise Lost-forever failure around 3:30

Agalloch `not unlike the waves 4:40

Opeth `the funeral portrait around 4:30 and the end.

Lacuna Coil-1:19 around 2:00

lead guitar work on Tiamat-wildhoney

sorry, I could not just post 1,2 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I did kind of dig the Lacuna Coil solo you posted..but yeah, please more Necrophagist-type solos :)

It's a shame many of similar Tech-Death bands just don't have the solos of Necro..I mean Spawn of Possesion has some of the greatest Tech-Death material out there IMO, but their solos are just so mediocre :(

It's a shame everyone hates Opeth cuz the solos on The Funeral Portrait are indeed some of the best I've ever heard. They're not shredding like those Necrophagist solos though obviously.