Great Performers ?

weetbix

Gimmee Caffeine
Jun 4, 2002
A building somewhere in Sydney
Visit site
Ok, the recent post for the vocalists got me to thinking (quite dangerous really). And I cam eup with...

What makes a great performer? Not just a great musician but a great performer - the whole live package...

I would say that Alice Cooper would have to be the ultimate performer. Why? Go see one of his shows ... the guy has the voice, the songs and the stage show and he mixes them up brilliantly. He may not have the technically best voice - but he sure has the package and the shows of his I have seen have stayed in my mind the longest.

So yeah - I reckon voice, songs, presence and stage show make a great performer.

Honourable mentions for great performers that I have seen live?
Savatage
King Diamond
Steve Vai
Charlie Daniels (yeah yeah, go ahead and laugh - but he did put on a better show than a lot of metal bands I have seen)

i liked Fear Factory a few years back, And when i seen SOAD here last yera..or was it early this year?? anyhow they were the best i have ever seen purely because of the atmosphere they have at the show :headbang:

Alice Cooper & Kiss are both the 'ultimate show' bands.
Iron Maiden once were.

WASP and Blackie would be a hell of an experience.

Alice Cooper and Kiss hands down.

WASP, Lizzy Borden and Maiden would be in the next group for me... as well as bands like Twisted Sister and Motley Crue in their heydays.

Hmmmm Twisted Sister, Kiss, Alice, WASP, Lizzy Borden, early Crue.... one would think I like shock rock! :headbang:

Oh and I would have to say my favourite frontmen ever are:

Alice Cooper
Paul Stanley
Jani Lane (back in Warrant's good days)
Lizzy Borden
Bret Michaels (Nothin' but a good time on stage with that guy...)
Bruce Dickinson

Oh and... Ozzy Osbourne is probably the worst but its like Plan 9 From Outer Space, he is so bad that he is good, its hilarious and very distinctive haha, even though his performance consists of the following:
- Pace up and back in the space of 10 feet about 5 times
- Return to mic stand, place mic in it, finish his lines and scream "go crazy, I love you all"
- Walk away from mic stand, look at crowd and clap hands as if he has to remember how to do it
- Get mic back out of mic stand and repeat the above steps