Great songs.... That have fatal flaws

I was listening to Merciful fates "Mellisa" And it occured to me all the songs on it are bloody good.
King Diamond just fucks them up with his whining no balls style.( and the lyrics which are quitefrankly camp beyond belif, but lets not start that)

This then made me think of other great songs that just get fucked up in one manner and make covers of them so damn good becuase they don't have silly vocals or some other stupid little thing that fucks up your enjoyment of an entire album

Mellisa's great until he starts speaking. The first 30 seconds or so of most songs are the best because after he speaks you can't take him seriously.And you start laughing. Then he talks about satan. Then you have to pause it becuase it's so fucking funny.......
Swine.
Other bands with this problem include-
Maiden(New)
Vines
White stripes(The music acctualy aint bad its' just the VOICE....)
Decide(Listen to Insineratemmyhnmnmnm(you know the one I mean) and try not to laugh at him. I dare you.)

You get the jist.

Rant done flame away....

I wouldn't listen to King Diamond if it wasn't for king diamond.. then its just more boring nwobhm whatever...

listen to the drumming ok...forget the singer, listen to the drummer, then listen to the singer and see if the mix is there..ok
YOU NEED TO GET STONED A BIT DEEPER TO UNDERSTAND..TRY VOODOO ALBUM- THE TREES HAVE EYES, I LIKE HIS FADE OUTS, THEN THE GUITAR SOLOS KICK IN....

I ALWAYS THOUGHT KING D & MERCYFUL FATE, WERERTHE GLAMIEST BANDS IN THE WORLD..

Ihreil Junkenstein said:
Other bands with this problem include-
Maiden(New)

Ihreil Junkenstein said:
You get the jist.

I do not.

Not just because of that, but especially when you criticize my unholy lord of all creation whom I sacrifice goats to every night. (No, not satan, he gets the virgins)

I actually just dislike the White Stripes completely. I think they're rather boring. King Diamond/Mercyful Fate would be kind of boring without Kind Diamond. Well, King Diamond as a solo musician wouldn't even exists I guess. And I'm not sure exactly how Maiden fits in this thread. Their musicianship is of a much better quality now, they're just not writing as good of songs according to some people. But I actually thought Brave New World was an excellent album so I don't subscribe to that either.

get the white stripes videos 'seven nation army' and 'fell in love with a girl' the music isnt anything special but the videos are trippy as fuck.
-neal

maiden has always had really bad lyrics. bruce is a good singer, but the words coming out are just pure fucking garbage. steve haris is a fuckin dweeb (hes the one that writes them right?).
-neal

Some are good, some (Angel and the Gambler, for instance) are fucking weak.

King Diamond is awesome.

Really early Slayer, when Tom wants to sound like Bobby Blitz, makes me completely lose it. Fucking hilarious, though the riffs are good. And Hammerfall would be a decent power metal band if not for metal's pussiest vocalist. Really, that guy sounds completely and utterly homosexual.

it's not the lyrics that are repetitive, it's the music, since it's more integrated with it (the lyrics with the music)

No prayer has hooks in you and tailgunner, which are kinda, ehhh, as is bring your daughter...
other than that, its not bad

Holy smoke is f0cking cewl

I like ganglands lyrics, never been too fond of prisoners though...more of a riff/chorus song

first albums it's kind of expected, to hear cheesier lyrics, since alot of NWOBHM bands had it, like saxon, but maiden evolved and got more serious, into books and shit, which I like.

maiden got, on average, one weak track every album (remember kiddies, that's an average and excludes some albums)

and, once again, on average, one BAD song every....3....maybe

NON BRUCE ALBUMS RULE
KILLERS=100% PERFECTION NWOBHM!!! \m/\m/
X Factor = 100% kick ASS music...just slower and more brooding

YES.

People are such bastards, it's a fucking solid album.
Excellent flow, not really a HORRIBLE song, all of them have something good, it's a BLOODY GOOD RECORD!!!

And....Blaze isn't necessarily a BAD vocalist, hell, He sounds like Meatloaf, and we ALL know meatloaf was just a badass

LIKE A BAT OUTAA HELL ILL BE GONE WHEN tHE MORNING COMES!!!!!!!!

VXI, Ill admit, it was a step back. :(

well, Clansman, educated fool and como esais amigo were really exceptional tracks, some of maidens absolute best

the rest...ehh, 2 worlds collide was decent, topic of lightning strikes twice=dumb
futreal, alright
the rest RE-MOTHERFUCKING-PETITIVE

I think stevie was expirementing alot with becoming a more progressive band, and on BNW, the practice came shining through to form their best-well, IMO, their best-record.