Great songs.... That have fatal flaws

Meatloaf is Jesus using up his vacation time. When Meatloaf dies, that will herald the Resurrection.

Blaze is a good singer, just not Bruce. And it didn't help that Steve Harris's songwriting started getting less and less uninspired after Powerslave...started getting obvious after Adrian left.

Edge of Darkness, Sign of the Cross, and Aftermath are wonderful songs.

retarded penguin said:
And....Blaze isn't necessarily a BAD vocalist, hell, He sounds like Meatloaf, and we ALL know meatloaf was just a badass

lol.gif

YES, AFTERMATH, THANK YOU!!!!!!

that and blood on the worlds hands, they melt my heart

EoD and SotC, top notch

yeah, it did get less inspiring, but with blaze, it picked up quite a bit

I really wanna hear Aftermath live with Bruce Bruce on vox...the problem with Maiden is that their setlist is so fucking set in stone; by comparision, their rivals for British metal heroes Judas Priest are always pulling out cool old shit.

Pop quiz: Which 5 Maiden songs that they don't play much would you most like to hear live?
1. 22 Acacia Avenue
2. Powerslave.
3. Moonchild
4. The Aftermath
5. Caught Somewhere In Time

loneliness of the long distance runner (SO DAMN FAST)
thin line b/w love and hate (all three guitars, doing there job, METAL MEAL)
aftermath (beautiful)
where eagles dare (one of theee best riffs, ever)
purgatory (so fucking old school, and with all 3 geetars harmonizing now, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

By the way, I FUCKING LOVE YOUR CHOICES

Yeah, and I think that Maiden know better than anyone else that Phantom of the Opera is a fan favorite. I don't understand why they do not play it more often. Aces High and Wasted Years are also two great songs that are often forgotten by Maiden. Out of the selection that Pyrus gave, I have to go with Powerslave, although that is a tough decision.

every metal board has to have its every-three-months Iron Maiden debate.

I like maiden, especially the early albums. then they started repeating themselves

Steve: "eh, you blokes...what aspect of history should we turn into our epic for the next cd, lads?"

Bruce: "let's see...we've done the WWII aviator...a fencer....we've worked over myths, like Icarus...stranglers, warriors, native americans..."

Ihreil Junkenstein said:
Exactly.
This was a rant about crap vocals and cheese lyrics but now it's just a maiden are great thread.
Which they aren't.
Elaborate.

Download in a couple of weeks with Maiden and ministry. Guess who's higher priority?

I don't quite undersand this sentence.