Greatest Classical Guitarist

hmmm... a toughie... I want to say Andres Segovia though... he was an innovator. There may be some technically better guys now but not at the time. Oh and it isn't classical, but Gypsy Jazz (which is a sorty of similar playing sound, though with a different sound) the best players are Django Reinhardt and Stochelo Rosenberg.

EDIT: that should read similar playing STYLE, not sound hehe

I simply love all the stuff by Francisco Tarrega and Fernando Sor, Tarrega being my absolute all-time favourite.

edit:

You also better check out a track titled "Sunburst" by Andrew York.. if you get a version which doesn't sound impressive, get another one. The track is totally amazing when played correctly. :eek:

Judgeing from the "3 cokes" thread you've heard about John Williams.

Another guitarist I'm somewhat familiar with is Liona Boyd. I only have vinyl of hers, but she's great too.

Perhaps a search on Allmusic under 'Classical Guitar' for artists may be useful.
Leo Kottke came to my mind although the genre he is listed under is folk, not classical. I own and love one of his albums called '6 string 12 string', his finger picking action is just beautiful.
I found Guitarmusic an unofficial website, but it is no longer being updated.

Ok i have to say Eliot Fisk his classical guitar versions of Paganinis 24 Caprices are jawdropping.........

:OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG:

Originally posted by HoserHellspawn
YaYoGakk
Well im a bit late reading this little thread due to my posting problems, but that made my day. :) And gave me a good laugh :lol:

Ive got a video of John Williams and its amazing, i love classical guitar. Im gonna listen to every suggestion made on this thread so far!!!