Greek news

LSDphilosophy

Chemical Pariah
Aug 30, 2001
Oregon
Visit site
I am in no way intending for this to be a slam on the greeks here (I like you guys, besides I was defending you when that Romulous fucker showed up) anyway, I read in a paper that at a greek soccer match, during a moment of silence for the U.S. that people booed, and that some tried to burn the american flag... I find this behavior very childish and stupid, but also find it kind of humorous... anyway just making sure these American newspapers are getting their story straight. Stay Metal

Well man I haven't heard about the incident that you report in this post. I don't in no way doubt the truth of what you are saying. If this did actually occur then it is the confirmation of one very important rule that runs all over the planet. The rule is the one that follows:
- You don't have to be
> from USA or Greece or USSR or Afgan or Iraq or India or Greenland or Australia or China or from everywhere else...
> ... black or white or red or yellow in the skin colour...
> ... man or woman or whatever...
> ... christian or islamist or witch or wizard or even Atheist Savant/Prankster...

to be an asshole. Any place has its assholes. They keep us going. Because if it hadn't been for all these stupid motherfuckings self-destructive sons of bitches and wolves (that is bastards) who they don't even know who their real mother is (it is the first time I use such language, but I am outraged right now), there wouldn't have been any reason for the existence of people who can be still humen and think for themselves and not let other ones think for them (media, pseudoanarchoheros who don't even know what anarchy really is, politicians, talk shows etc.). Of course they propably deserve to be put together in a cage along with anyone else of their kind. They would propably listen to one Bin Laden or a Bush who would tell them to kill each other, rather than figure out how they can escape this cage.
It is repeated, man! Over and over! Masses are easily manipulated. By anyone! Anti-american, anti-afgan people manipulators. Anyone! Do you think that these people that boeed in that mach can think for themselves? Hell no, I scream. You know better man. Let them fuck themselves. I don't give a shit (and I think none in this forum does) for them. I don't count them as human beings. I only count them as human sheep heading to their spiritual slaughter! See them how joyful they are. Those happy tunes they are singing! Just like going on vacation!

Just remember this: "The sheep are made to follow".

I give them the great finger of thinking, stick it in their round asses and put it in their mouth to lick it. I can very easily persuade them that this is good and they will keep doing it to each other eternally.

Phew!

P.S. Sorry for the language, but I cannot take it more. I fucking dislike globalization of the asshole syndrome!

Hey, yeah you...in ATHENS..
I wil tell ya something real interesting, I am an asshole, I try not to be. Also humans kill each other for an IDEA..got it..good...sweet hey...

read this:

2,000 MAN
Mick Jagger, Keith Richards
Well, my name it is a number
It's on a piece of plastic film
And I've been growin' funny flowers
Outside on my little window sill
And don't you know I'm a 2,000 man
And my kids, they just don't understand me at all
You know, my wife still respects me
Even though I really misuse her
I am having an affair
With the Random computer
But don't you know I'm a 2,000 man
Oh daddy, proud of your planet
Oh mommy, proud of your sun
Oh mommy. proud of your sun
Oh daddy, your brain's still flashin'
Like they did when you were young
Or did they come down crashin'
Seeing all the things you'd done
Spacin' out and havin' fun
Oh daddy, your brain's still flashin'
Like they did when you were young
Or did they come down crashin'
Seeing all the things you'd done
Spacin' out and havin' fun
But, don't you know I'm a 2,000 man
Understand me, understand me,
understand me, now understand me
I'm a 2,000 man, I'm a 2,000 man
I'm a 2,000 man, I'm a 2,000 man, yeah, 2,000

ture fact: 6million kids live in gay families in the usa, shocking hey, on tomorrow night. 8.30 ABOUT US: OUR HOUSE – A frank examination of what it means to grow up with gay or lesbian parents, this documentary profiles the children of five families who are facing the usual ups and downs of family life while encountering varied reactions from extended family, classmates, teachers, neighbours and public officials. The featured families come from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds and live in urban, suburban and rural communities in New York, New Jersey, Arizona and Arkansas. (From the US, in English). PG CC
HORRIBLE

Originally posted by True Light
I wil tell ya something real interesting, I am an asshole, I try not to be. Also humans kill each other for an IDEA..got it..good...sweet hey...

ture fact: 6million kids live in gay families in the usa, shocking hey, on tomorrow night. 8.30 ABOUT US: OUR HOUSE – A frank examination of what it means to grow up with gay or lesbian parents, this documentary profiles the children of five families who are facing the usual ups and downs of family life while encountering varied reactions from extended family, classmates, teachers, neighbours and public officials. The featured families come from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds and live in urban, suburban and rural communities in New York, New Jersey, Arizona and Arkansas. (From the US, in English). PG CC
HORRIBLE
First of all I want to congratulate you on your effort. I think it is the fefort htat counst. Even when the effort is not successful (this is general, not for you). Anyway to my eyes you are not an asshole. Not shocking at all. Heard it before (not at the same extend though). Actually it is GMT +2 in Athens so you have to figure that out yourself. Maybe after all death is just an idea as well, along with life. Maybe there are people that kill other people for an idea such as death.
All the problems that are in encountered in the normal lives of kids who live in such families are out of my range of knowledge and therefore my view on this point is blank. I 'd like to thank you for enlightening me though. Even though you got me a bit confused! These creatures have to be spiritually stronger than me to overcome their problems because my problems are nonexistant comparing to theirs. Some of them might be, others not. But maybe all this is included in a master idea that someone once thought and he called it "life".

HORRIBLE indeed.

I don't watch the news,as I don't have a television (it's my way of keeping my brain as clean as I can;by not having it washed) but I asked a friend of mine about this incident.He told me that they booed,but didn't know anything about the flag.
First,let me say that if I were there I would probably boo too.Now let me explain:I find these "moments of silence" ridiculous,because it's only ass-licking to the USA.If I want to mourn,I'll mourn on my own-thank you.This shit didn't happen for the victims of Yugoslavia.It didn't happen for the victims of Iraq.Are US or EU citizens MORE human than others,therefore they deserve such honours while others don't?The whole thing is a joke,they postponed games for something that happened at the other side of the globe,and we have to keep a moment of silence for the games that happen in the following 20 days.This was politics,not mourning.This was Europe trying to prove that they(we) are USA's best cocksuckers.I'm sure that many of those who booed were actually sorry about what happened.For those (few I hope) who weren't,my middle finger would just go wasted.
PS:I'll probably receive a few more insults for that.Oh well,I'm getting used to it :p

No Dragonlord I am not going to flame you for that, but I do believe 68 COUNTRIES lost people in the WTC, I think people (any people who care about anything) should respect that....that's all.

Yoo ppl ... what about symbolism?
Is it ok to keep silence for a min during a "game&food" like soccer? Well, why not? its just a symbol that doesnt hurt the ones that "perform" the gesture ... and it probably helps the ones that had to suffer.
Dragonlord - as always - stands on the side of the weak ... but imagine: if we (?) keep a min of silence for every harm thats done on earth to any group of ppl we won´t have any more games .. just stillness .. (what an idea :)
i tell u, i moarn for those poor afghanis and i moarn for those ppl that got killed in the WTC; i´d even show this keeping my mouth shut for a min!
oh fuck - am i happy that i live in paradise like austria!

Ok. The last three posts all have their point.
Jody remember that Greece lost people in that as well (it is well known, that many Greeks live in the US).

DragonLord, yes, you will mourn on your own for the victims, but I just don't think that you will bother to. Like you propably didn't mourn for the loss of the people in Iraq etc. I don't really know if you mourned or not, I just guess judging by myself. If you really did mourn I apologize.

And Serge you are quite right about symbolism. Actually it becomes a matter of who will cry a bit more, just to show how human they are.

It is time to face it. They only ones who trully mourn are the ones related to the victims (of any kind). What kind of mourning would it be if you kept your mouth shut for 60 secs and on the 61st sec. you would start dancing, enjoying the match you are attending etc?
Oh! And Serge dude. Austria might be a paradise, and I really believe that it is (just by the pictures in the TV, internet etc.) but if the whole planet blows up, then even if Austria survives it and remains the only unhurmed piece of land, whereas the rest of the planet has vanished, there would be no meaning to be called paradise because there will be no hell.
For "Without pain there is no need for hope".

One more long message ending.
In conclusion there is one more thing to write:
:headbang:STAY METAL:headbang: (sorry LSDphil...)

Originally posted by metalized
DragonLord, yes, you will mourn on your own for the victims, but I just don't think that you will bother to. Like you propably didn't mourn for the loss of the people in Iraq etc. I don't really know if you mourned or not, I just guess judging by myself. If you really did mourn I apologize.
I spent one night alone,listening to Dead Winter Dead,thinking of all the war victims and almost crying...I think it expressed my pain much better than staying silent for a moment and then start yelling for my fave team.

About the soccer game.I happen to be a fan of this particular Greek soccerteam(AEK Athens yihaaa!!:)and I was in the stadium at the time we are discussing so I know a bit more about the feeling and the motives of te people that didn't respect the one minute silence.Its exactly what Dragonlord said.It was a gesture against the European hypocrisy and a denial to the fact that governments and the media choose for us whom we will mourn.The organization that runs the European soccer decided for this one minute silence but didn't do the same for matters that concerned Europe's citizens like the war in former Yugoslavia.If this is not hypocrisy and the worst ass licking kind of stuff then what is?The about 1000fans (from a total crowd of 20000ppl)who didn't keep the one minute silence,did that because of that reason.For that reason I almost felt proud of them.This team especially has shown many times in the past similar sensitivities.When the war was raging in Yugoslavia and UEFA(the soccer organization)had decided to disqualify the teams from Serbia only and not Croatia or Bosnia or whatever,this team decided to go in Serbia on her own,crossing war torn lands risking their lives with many fans along with them to play a friendly match with a team from Serbia.This event was welcomed with excitement in Serbia because someone in all the world showed them that doesn't believe they are the only ones to blame and that someone cares for them too.So I think u can see why they showed this kind of behaviour 10 days ago.This wasn't directed straight against the American ppl,but the racism that we see these days on whom we will care for.If u think that the ppl that kept their one minute silence feel more grief then I am almsot sure that u are wrong.

P.S:I wonder if the same had happened in another country like Greece or whataver,would the world keep then a minute silence.By the way it wsn't a minute silence but 3.First time in all the history i guess.Why???Are the American people somethig special?Did anyone mourned when tens of thousand of people died in Turkey from the Earthquakes?An event that no one had to blame another about motives etc and the only feelings were grief and pain.But who cared about the Turks.They don't deserve a minute silence.They don't deserve postponed soccer matches even though they actually take place in these championships.Hypocricy is disgusting.

thanks for your posts, I agree with you that it is silly for these moments of silence, it is ass licking as you say.

"Why???Are the American people somethig special"
hahaha funny you should say this... ask a majority of americans and they sure think they are ahahhaha. but not all of us think this way (like me) I guess my boundary lines are a bit bigger than most huh.

I just want to say I like all you people (maybe even love hahahaha) even the ones I despise here on this board haha... we are all here for the same thing and I can respect you all as individuals not just Neverheadz. Stay Metal and Create Your Own Religion.

oh yeah, in regards to these moments of silence, I recently went to San Francisco and went to a 49ers football game, there we had a moment of silence and right in the middle when the whole stadium was silent somebody yelled out "FFFFFRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDOOOOOMMMM"
just like in braveheart... hahaha I found it funny, some others didn't. ah well freedom to all.

Originally posted by LSDphilosophy
I just want to say I like all you people (maybe even love hahahaha) even the ones I despise here on this board haha... we are all here for the same thing and I can respect you all as individuals not just Neverheadz. Stay Metal and Create Your Own Religion.
man...you're into Buscaglia right? :D

Even though I only Know him for about ten days I am certain of my feelings.I really love LSDPhilosophy:pPPP...Freedoooooooooooooom.......

P.S:Speaking of Braveheart,the funny thing was that in the second leg match between my team and the scottish team,the Scotts in order to intimidate the Greek team yelled all the time USA USA USA USA.....Like this was going to affect the players...duuuuh!Fortunately for him,Wallace is not alive to see his people.:)

Originally posted by MysticForce

P.S:I wonder if the same had happened in another country like Greece or whataver,would the world keep then a minute silence.By the way it wsn't a minute silence but 3.First time in all the history i guess.Why???Are the American people somethig special?Did anyone mourned when tens of thousand of people died in Turkey from the Earthquakes?An event that no one had to blame another about motives etc and the only feelings were grief and pain.But who cared about the Turks.They don't deserve a minute silence.They don't deserve postponed soccer matches even though they actually take place in these championships.Hypocricy is disgusting.

And do you know something interesting Mystic Force? In Germany no one thinks like that (except the communists of course!). Here all of them are mourning and are still fearing that they are the next in line. Of course they were interested in the earthquake victims of Turkey, but that just because so many Turks live here, and so the talk shows were after the good quotes. But no, no 1 minute silence. And I’ve just been wondering: Are we Greeks thinking like that, because we are more compationable, are we interested more in politics (at least our generation) or is it just because we don’t belong to the “Eight” (and we don’t much like the Americans)? The last version is more likely. Small countries are more interested in the injustice of this world because they know they might be the next in line and worst of all no one will care. The only thing we can do is talk and scream.
When you belong to the strong and always have belonged, why should you be interested what other people do? If the United States had been interested in Afghanistan all these years and had supported the Northern Alliance these last nine years of civil war, no terrorist would have found shelter there (they have known it for many years that he is there) and all of these would not have happened (the same of course should have been done with the other Islamic countries too). But it costs money and no American citizen is willing to pay neither more taxes to support a war in a country they don’t even know it exists, nor to send there their kids to fight. Well, now they are going to have to. Apart from that had they done it before, many people would be furious again, because the USA is being involved in other countries politics.
As far as the Serbs are concerned, that’s another issue. Our support to them has very much to do with our common religion and tell me that I am wrong.
Yeah, hypocrisy is disgusting, but the Americans are the only ones who have the power to change things, to decide about countries’ and people’s fates through their president and this and only this makes them more “important”. The 30,000 Turks that died in the earthquake can change nothing (I’m not even sure how many Americans know about this incident). And we come to the old philosophical question: “If you had to decide among a beggar and a doctor/professor/politician, whose life would you save?” Who is more important?
The world is not fair and it is disgusting to become knowledge of it. But why are most people studying (and first of all Business Studies)? They want in the future to belong to the strong. And that will make their survival easier. It’s all an instinct; we hide us behind our “mum” and look for shelter. And we want that our “mum” is not disappointed from us.

P.S.: I am not attacking nor offending you, actually I agree with you and I hate too this "God saves America". As if they were the Chosen ones. They are worse than the Jews were in the years of Jesus. I am glad he is not living too, to see what it has become from the world he tried to save.

okay, what's wrong with God save America? The US is my home(granted I'm not christian but...) is there anything wrong with me or the rest of the people here wanting to be safe? All of you want the same thing, but because we are American we don't deserve it. Because untill recently we were considered untouchable on our home soil we are hated by people who did not have that luxury. Well now we don't either, thank you all for pointing out all of the faults of people who did things that might not have been right before my Mother even gave birth to me, as if I could have changed the decisions those leaders made. If this would have happened in Germany and I said a lot of the things that have been said aganst the US people would have wanted me banned. But it didn't, it happened here, and American's are less human then the rest of the world because we have luxury.........and because if we choose we can remain ignorant of the horrible things that happen around the world. I can definately understand the want to remain ignorant of those things, I am happy that I live in a place where for the most part my son will not have to worry about a lot of the things that happen in other countries , that hopfully he will be safe. If this makes me a bad person then I say Fuck Off! You know that you would be glad of having those same things. This world view that America is bad is bull shit, other countries ASK us to step in and help in most cases. Yah there is a disaster and we come in to help along with others and we're great, but if we decide that we aren't going to take anymore shit from people we're monsters......talk about hypocracy. Try looking at yourselves before you start telling others that they are stupid, nieve, arrogant, nosey, and the list goes on and on and on.......

And as far as us trying to slap down various terrorist orginizations, if it was left to everyone else things would just keep going the way it was just a short time ago.......how human is that? No, instead once again we had to stand up as a global power and say one side or the other. Why couldn't some other country do this huh? Because in my opinion, people as a whole other places don't want to dirty their hands so afterward they can pull off the holier then though attitude. Now I understand that nothing that I say here is going to make a damn bit of difference to most everyone, but look, the average person here is no different then any of you. Come on, this is the birthplace of Nevermore AND Iced Earth......and you all seem to like them quite a bit. And they talk about issues that all of you know about, but we're different and bad........how juvinile and closed minded does that sound?

And for the moment of silence, I partake in those every time something takes a lot of people from their families when I hear about them. And for those that I don't hear about......well damn people we here are not all knowing....damn. I bet none of you know about the Man who killed his whole family here in Arizona. But do you hear me beraiting you for it? NO!.........a lot of people here need to grow up and be realistic. Everything that you accuse Americans of you are all guilty of yourselves from time to time. I think it's time to stop this 'You're ugly and your momma dresses you funny' crap and realise that this isn't like the playground in grammer school.......people are going to die on all sides, not just go home with a black eye and bloody nose.

Faith

P.S.: A good portion of this would be better said if I was not so frusteraited with people in general at the moment. This is not intended to be offensive, it's just my personal oppinion about a lot of the silly cavemanesque 'America bad, woman good' mentality a lot of people have without really knowing the resons behind why people act the way they do or feel the way they do. Knowing history is great, personally I am starting classes this spring to be a history teacher, but it doesn't tell people who we are day to day. I don't pretend to know everything about ANY culture even my own, and I respect the fact that everyone has the right to their own opinions, but when I hear this bashing and saying that people in america are less then human, or the implications there of, whitch there is a lot of here I have to try to give some insight. anyway I'm going to stop for the moment.......

okay, what's wrong with God save America? The US is my home(granted I'm not christian but...) is there anything wrong with me or the rest of the people here wanting to be safe? All of you want the same thing, but because we are American we don't deserve it. Because untill recently we were considered untouchable on our home soil we are hated by people who did not have that luxury. Well now we don't either, thank you all for pointing out all of the faults of people who did things that might not have been right before my Mother even gave birth to me, as if I could have changed the decisions those leaders made. If this would have happened in Germany and I said a lot of the things that have been said aganst the US people would have wanted me banned. But it didn't, it happened here, and American's are less human then the rest of the world because we have luxury.........and because if we choose we can remain ignorant of the horrible things that happen around the world. I can definately understand the want to remain ignorant of those things, I am happy that I live in a place where for the most part my son will not have to worry about a lot of the things that happen in other countries , that hopfully he will be safe. If this makes me a bad person then I say Fuck Off! You know that you would be glad of having those same things. This world view that America is bad is bull shit, other countries ASK us to step in and help in most cases. Yah there is a disaster and we come in to help along with others and we're great, but if we decide that we aren't going to take anymore shit from people we're monsters......talk about hypocracy. Try looking at yourselves before you start telling others that they are stupid, nieve, arrogant, nosey, and the list goes on and on and on.......

And as far as us trying to slap down various terrorist orginizations, if it was left to everyone else things would just keep going the way it was just a short time ago.......how human is that? No, instead once again we had to stand up as a global power and say one side or the other. Why couldn't some other country do this huh? Because in my opinion, people as a whole other places don't want to dirty their hands so afterward they can pull off the holier then though attitude. Now I understand that nothing that I say here is going to make a damn bit of difference to most everyone, but look, the average person here is no different then any of you. Come on, this is the birthplace of Nevermore AND Iced Earth......and you all seem to like them quite a bit. And they talk about issues that all of you know about, but we're different and bad........how juvinile and closed minded does that sound?

And for the moment of silence, I partake in those every time something takes a lot of people from their families when I hear about them. And for those that I don't hear about......well damn people we here are not all knowing....damn. I bet none of you know about the Man who killed his whole family here in Arizona. But do you hear me beraiting you for it? NO!.........a lot of people here need to grow up and be realistic. Everything that you accuse Americans of you are all guilty of yourselves from time to time. I think it's time to stop this 'You're ugly and your momma dresses you funny' crap and realise that this isn't like the playground in grammer school.......people are going to die on all sides, not just go home with a black eye and bloody nose.

Faith

P.S.: A good portion of this would be better said if I was not so frusteraited with people in general at the moment. This is not intended to be offensive, it's just my personal oppinion about a lot of the silly cavemanesque 'America bad, woman good' mentality a lot of people have without really knowing the resons behind why people act the way they do or feel the way they do. Knowing history is great, personally I am starting classes this spring to be a history teacher, but it doesn't tell people who we are day to day. I don't pretend to know everything about ANY culture even my own, and I respect the fact that everyone has the right to their own opinions, but when I hear this bashing and saying that people in america are less then human, or the implications there of, whitch there is a lot of here I have to try to give some insight. anyway I'm going to stop for the moment.......