greetings from the nevermore forum

Pitiless Wanderer

Jun 14, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
hello. ive decided to give symphony x a chance to impress me (never heard a note from these guys although ive been curious for a long while). as i cannot download any songs at the moment, im willing to spend my hard earned money on one of their albums. please guide me to a release that best encompasses what these guys are all about. if i like it, ill collect their catalogue. if not...too bad.

nevermore fucking rule.

dargormudshark said:
yes nevermore does fucking rule, get The Divine Wings of Tragedy my friend. :headbang:

I agree. A Nevermore fan new to SX would like Divine Wings of Tragedy. If you spend some time and listen to the title track you will realize that it is one of the most intense and engaging metal pieces especially when Russ starts off at "Standing on the edge of paradise...."

Everyone preaches about the Odyssey...I figured that would have been the biggest recommendation.

Well, when I get paid Ill pick it up. Ill engross myself in the music for a good while and let you guys know what I think. Thanks for the help.

Np - Nevermore - We Disintegrate

Devy_Metal said:
Everyone preaches about the Odyssey...I figured that would have been the biggest recommendation.

I'm as big a SyX fan as there is, and I don't preach about the Odyssey. I don't think it's their best album, not even in their top 3 for me. Definitely check out Divine wings first. If you don't like that, don't buy any more SyX, as you won't like any of it.

I think you'll dig it though, as most people here like Nevermore too.

First "Divine wings of tragedy", you will fall in love with it, so your question will be "fuck, what other album should i get?!", the answer is "The Damnation Game". after you listen to those albums for a time you'll get what SX is all about and then ull have the need to keep listening to more albums, thats where "V" arrives and shows you that theres no other fucking band in the world, ull listen so many times this album that ull have memorized "The death of balance - Lacrymosa", thats when u realize u HAVE to listen to the other albums, i think first "twilight in Olympus", then "the odyssey" and finally "symphony x", the first album, i dont think its a bad album, but i really think u need to be very familiarized with the band before u listen to it, so u can really enjoy it and understand it...

then your question will be... "hey, this is some amazing band...but...can they play these songs live?? i dont really think so..." then u buy "Live on the Edge of Forever" and u'll be able to answer that question yourself.

thats your life between buying "the divine wings of tragedy" and becoming a fan club member, getting their "special edition albums" and getting ur "rarities and demos" cd.

Sincerelly,
Xtopher.

Um... yeah, go with Divine Wings. Then get the others in any order. I'd recommend V next because it's a slightly different side of the band. But any order will probly work. Just remember, "Think of the self-titled as a demo."

I'm pretty new to Nevermore, but they rocked at Gigantour, btw.

You can't go wrong starting with the Odyssey or DWOT. Both are great and will certainly win you over to the Symphony X movement. Now that we have helped you...what cd should I start with to give Nevermore a try?