Greetings

TrueBeliever

michael
Jun 8, 2002
london
This board seems relatively free of the morons that plague most of the forums, but then again it seems pretty free of people to begin with. I've only listened to the songs on the website of Sun Caged, but I really like what I've heard. It sounds very original, the vocals are interesting.

I'll guess I will hang out here for a while and see if anyone else comes by.

Hello, true believer!
Occasionally I stick my nose in here as well -- indeed there is not so much going on but this is all fine with me!

Sun Cage started to interest me because of their guitarist who used to play with LEMUR VOICE - have you heard of them? (otherwise how did you find the Sun Caged Website? What triggered your interest?)

They have released to **awesome** discs ... and then split up - so I am holding onto anything to do with them - and find Sun Caged does not even sound that different - in any case I did like what I heard on the website and now hope there's a full-length album out soon! Also hoping to make it to the ProgPower in Holland this October where they will play live - it sure would be a real treat!!!

Hope to speak to you again soon! (or other fellow Lemur Voice lovers!???)

"They have released to **awesome** discs ... and then split up" of course refers to Lemur Voice :) (just making sure people aren't getting this wrong).

Welcome TrueBeliever :)
This forum isn't too crowded since Sun Caged is not a very well-known band (we don't have a record deal and s a full-lenght cd yet etc.).

But this will change ;)

Originally posted by Redelijk
"They have released to **awesome** discs ... and then split up" of course refers to Lemur Voice :) (just making sure people aren't getting this wrong).

Welcome TrueBeliever :)
This forum isn't too crowded since Sun Caged is not a very well-known band (we don't have a record deal and s a full-lenght cd yet etc.).

But this will change ;)

Great! When?

oops.... sorry if I didn't make that quite clear enough so that my words could have easily been misunderstood!
Sure with the two awesome CDs I referred to I meant LEMUR VOICE -- but now we're only waiting for more awesome CDs coming from Sun Caged!! Go guys....!!! :D

By the way.... I'll see you at ProgPower Festival in October soon! Really looking forward to that! (you may even spot me easily... I'll be one of the few girls there and probably the one showing my enthusiasm most! - But only if deserved of course!)
Do you often play live in general? (means: are you a really nicely *tight* band by now??)

Originally posted by Madrigal
oops.... sorry if I didn't make that quite clear enough so that my words could have easily been misunderstood!
Sure with the two awesome CDs I referred to I meant LEMUR VOICE -- but now we're only waiting for more awesome CDs coming from Sun Caged!! Go guys....!!! :D

By the way.... I'll see you at ProgPower Festival in October soon! Really looking forward to that! (you may even spot me easily... I'll be one of the few girls there and probably the one showing my enthusiasm most! - But only if deserved of course!)
Do you often play live in general? (means: are you a really nicely *tight* band by now??)
Just make sure you introduce yourself to us! :)

We play live a lot.
We have a 2 month break now (until ProgPower) but we played about 30 shows in the past 10 months (we started playing live in September 2001).

In this 2 month break, Joost, Rob and I will do a small tour with Bumblefoot (Ron Thal) in The Netherlands, and Joost will go on tour with Star One / Ayreon after that. The last show of the Star One tour is on the first day of PorgPower.
You should check out Star One in Antwerpen the day before ProgPower!!

Cheers,

I actually have never even heard of Lemur Voice, I'll check them out I guess. I was just kind of wandering through the smaller forum on UM and came in here. I checked out the mp3s on the website and liked them.

Originally posted by Redelijk

Just make sure you introduce yourself to us! :)

We play live a lot.
We have a 2 month break now (until ProgPower) but we played about 30 shows in the past 10 months (we started playing live in September 2001).

In this 2 month break, Joost, Rob and I will do a small tour with Bumblefoot (Ron Thal) in The Netherlands, and Joost will go on tour with Star One / Ayreon after that. The last show of the Star One tour is on the first day of PorgPower.
You should check out Star One in Antwerpen the day before ProgPower!!

Cheers,

Hehehehe, yeah, if I see you hanging round somewhere I'll surely say "HI!".

Well, after some 30 shows I'm sure we can expect a great show from you (although it must be pretty tough playing such complex stuff live, no?!).

Huh... thanks for the tip about Star One! I already "crossed that off" completely because none of the dates are anywhere near where I live, but since he plays in Antwerp the day before ProgPower.... I will have to re-schedule my holiday then and arrive a day earlier it seems!!!! We come from Switzerland and have planned a one-week holiday in Holland/Germany because of ProgPower - but it seems things work out even more perfect with all those gigs being on!! Jaaaayy!!!! :D

Originally posted by TrueBeliever
I actually have never even heard of Lemur Voice, I'll check them out I guess. I was just kind of wandering through the smaller forum on UM and came in here. I checked out the mp3s on the website and liked them.

If you're into complex prog-stuff you should LOVE Lemur Voice. Both albums are FANTASTIC with not one single weak track on them (the later one, "Divided" slightly better even than the debut "Insights" but hardly any difference still.... HIGH quality stuff you don't find very often!!)

Yes... finding it.... that may be a problem actually. As far as I know they are pretty difficult to find. Good luck anyway!!!

If you're into complex prog-stuff you should LOVE Lemur Voice. Both albums are FANTASTIC with not one single weak track on them (the later one, "Divided" slightly better even than the debut "Insights" but hardly any difference still.... HIGH quality stuff you don't find very often!!)

Yes... finding it.... that may be a problem actually. As far as I know they are pretty difficult to find. Good luck anyway!!!
Insights should still be available from http://www.magnacarta.net.
Both Insights and Divided, as well as Sun Caged's first two demo-cd's, can be bought at http://www.disque.nl.
If you can't read Dutch, just email the store at info@disque.nl. They ship to anywhere on the world and take various forms of payment.

Sorry for saying the Lemur Voice albums might be hard to get ... when obviously (and luckily) they aren't!
I assumed that after two people have told me they could not find them -- I'll pass 'em on to these links straight away then. :D

Hey there, Redelijk.

Well, I am new to Sun Caged, just checked out the two tracks "Sedation" and "Secrets Of Flight" so far (have dl from your website). I'll check out a lot of stuff but don't buy much, so I am not really updated - yet.
And I don't attend too many concerts these days, so with me living in Northern Germany would there be a possibility to see you guys live sometime in the future?

From what I have heard on both tracks, the sound is very crisp, clear and tight and very interesting - not for the "usual" ears, though ;). I'll dl other stuff, if available and make myself familiar with it.

Shame on me to, neither I haven't given Lemur Voice a spin.

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow
Hey there, Redelijk.

Well, I am new to Sun Caged, just checked out the two tracks "Sedation" and "Secrets Of Flight" so far (have dl from your website). I'll check out a lot of stuff but don't buy much, so I am not really updated - yet.
And I don't attend too many concerts these days, so with me living in Northern Germany would there be a possibility to see you guys live sometime in the future?
As a matter of fact... We're working on a show in Hamburg in November. Just keep your eyes on the website :)

Hey Lady! Nice to see you here as well! :D

You must check out the Lemur Voice stuff - with the stuff you like otherwise, I am 100% sure you will LOVE them - same goes for Sun Caged; give those tracks 3-4 spins, let them open up ... and you'll be hooked for life!!!!
Isn't it strange.... the biggest *disadvantage* for the best bands in this universe just is the fact that it hooks you for life (and does not get you bored with it!).... which means you need to listen to something 3-4 times until you grasp it; that often you cannot get the whole depth and complexity at the first listen. This is what I am sure keeps most people away from the best music - no patience, no interest to "dive" into something, to let it grow and open up in you....... Well... we do live in a superficial and shallow society... so this is no big surprise really.
And that's why --- sadly so --- the best bands just won't ever get the recognition they deserve.......

Ufffff..... that was quite some monologue now... I'm sure you'll know what I mean though.

You must check out the Lemur Voice stuff - with the stuff you like otherwise, I am 100% sure you will LOVE them - same goes for Sun Caged; give those tracks 3-4 spins, let them open up ... and you'll be hooked for life!!!!
Isn't it strange.... the biggest *disadvantage* for the best bands in this universe just is the fact that it hooks you for life (and does not get you bored with it!).... which means you need to listen to something 3-4 times until you grasp it; that often you cannot get the whole depth and complexity at the first listen. This is what I am sure keeps most people away from the best music - no patience, no interest to "dive" into something, to let it grow and open up in you....... Well... we do live in a superficial and shallow society... so this is no big surprise really.
And that's why --- sadly so --- the best bands just won't ever get the recognition they deserve.......

Ufffff..... that was quite some monologue now... I'm sure you'll know what I mean though.
Amen
worship.gif

o_O :loco:

Hey!
Well, yes, and yes, and yes, and yes... *autopilot*

And I'm sure you know that I agree with you :cool:

@Redelijk:
You bet, I'll keep my eyes open for the November show date :)

o_O :loco:

Hey!
Well, yes, and yes, and yes, and yes... *autopilot*

And I'm sure you know that I agree with you :cool:

@Redelijk:
You bet, I'll keep my eyes open for the November show date :)
It's confirmed.
We're playing at the Marx (http://www.markthalle-hamburg.de/) in Hamburg on November 17th with a band called Ricochet.

:)

Cool! *makes note in calendar*

If I can make it, I'll definitely be there!
The Markthalle is my favorite spot in Germany anyway.
So, I'll meet you there!
Since we don't know anyone around there, we won't have anyone to put on the guestlist. So please email me at dl@xs4all.nl and I'll put you and one friend on the guestlist :)