Grind

EDIT: Another thing I haven't heard yet is Ultimo Mondo Cannibale, any opinions?

Not as good as Horror of the Zombies (I honestly dont know of any deathgrind that is though), kinda silly at times (the beginning of Harbinger of Death makes me laugh every time)... but its really solid.

Definitely worth listening to. :)

Sometimes it's obvious this gore/core thing, but sometimes there's just a thin line between gore and core. I seriously don't know what's the point of saying "IT'S GORE NOT CORE" when the best bands may be on the border, and goregrind just evolved from grindcore.

To the previous topic, I always considered all kinds of grinds to be subgenres of metal (not crust/d-beat though, which is hc), I may be wrong though, I don't really care. For me it's metal.

The "GORE NOT CORE" thing came from a reaction to the scenester infestation of grindcore music. which is pretty gay considering a lot of people who use that term have no idea what hardcore actually is.

What the fuck is your point? Just because there are more core-oriented grind bands, that doesn't take less core-oriented grind bands out of the picture. Dismissing a whole genre because MOST bands sound a certain way, so that they can fit into another genre, is ridiculous anyway.
And I don't know where you get that there are few less core-oriented grind bands, I'd like to know what planet you live on.

What the fuck is your point? Just because there are more core-oriented grind bands, that doesn't take less core-oriented grind bands out of the picture. Dismissing a whole genre because MOST bands sound a certain way, so that they can fit into another genre, is ridiculous anyway.
And I don't know where you get that there are few less core-oriented grind bands, I'd like to know what planet you live on.

Well, I lot of the metal society does that for Metalcore and Deathcore, as do I. I will say though that Insect Warfare is FAR more listenable than Lamb of God.

Carcass... but they are more of a death metal band. Not that much great bands in grind. Carcass is pretty much the one and only since Napalm Death took a turn for the worst.

Eh I don't know if its me but I prefer Napalm Death with a more punk sound rather than super crazy guitar from their last couple albums like Smear Campaign and Time Waits for No Slave. They sound different.

Well let me put it this way. The last 2 albums from Napalm Death really werent what I expected. So yea I did like Code Red, its what Napalm should sound like.