Guess the amp/modeler/whatever

I'm guessing some kind of software amp sim, guitar rig? kinda sounds like the slipknot preset on there at times. Rhythm tone is a bit dry for my liking though.

Tym_ex said:
Hi there, I'm new here so hello :wave:

I recorded this little song yesterday and would like your opinions on the guitar sound. Also it would be fun to let you guys guess what gear I used :Spin:

http://student-kmt.hku.nl/~tymon/mp3/Tymon - Climbing Gorilla.mp3

Cheers,
Tymon
Hi Tymon, you finally made it here.

The last time I downloaded your songs, you were using The classic Pod 2.3 or something.

Now this sounds pretty big. But I will go ahead and say this is a Pod Xt with some of your eq mastery. :)

Cool, from where do I know you? And what's your name over there?

And forgot to say, there's no post EQ. compression or any effects whatsoever on the guitars (except some mastering of course on the entire song).

Tym_ex said:
Cool, from where do I know you? And what's your name over there?

And forgot to say, there's no post EQ. compression or any effects whatsoever on the guitars (except some mastering of course on the entire song).
I know you from the 'old school' now not existant POD Forum. I was known just as I am now I believe but I only made 1 or 2 posts.

I also had a link to your website where you had tips on how to make the Pod 2 sound good.

I have two Exivious mp3s, Fear and Where.

:)

Tymon - can you post a link to the bank/preset for guitar rig 2 that you used on this?

I use it for cabs and not the models, but this sounds pretty darn good.

Nice mix indeed.

The last part where there's guitar alone on the right channel, sounds like one of the tones off st anger by metallica, and is a tone i really like, please post settings! tym_ex!