Guitar double tracking - same tone or no?

Well that post is actually pretty old, but I still stand by it and trust my ears, and more importantly have read about albums (such as Insomnium's "Above the Weeping World") having one amp on one side and another on the other, thus confirming it (listen to the beginning of "Drawn to Black", one side was a Framus Cobra, the other was a Single Rectifier - FTR, I don't particularly like the tone on that album, but at least I don't have a problem with the stereo image of the rhythm guitars, nor do I think it's the source of my complaints :D) FWIW though, I also always do identical setups on both sides, I'd only deviate from that if I a) had an amp with two equally awesome distortion channels, and/or b) had two different amps

And I've heard a bunch of clips that have been uploaded here that have had different amps on each sides, and while it's been really (annoyingly) obvious with some, with others they've complemented each other fantastically IMO!

You know, I can't say I'm surprised that despite the incredible closeness, there would still be a slight difference even after the presence pot switch - thanks for confirming, and which channel do you find yourself preferring now that you've done the swap?

I still liked the orange channel better, but the red one was usable at that point for a "lead" channel. I ended up selling the amp as I was never able to get a good lead sound out of it. I can't mention want I sold it for as it is fairly disliked on this forum. :)

Hey Enditol,
Im curious to know what the signal chain was as far as GTR-AMP-CAB-MIC PLACEMENT-MICS-MICPRE for the two DIVINITY albums. Haha i know its alot of info, but if you know im super curious!

Allegory:

Left side: Bogner Uberschall > Diezel 412F with V30 > 57 and 421 blended on one speaker > Don't remember the mic pre, it was nothing special.

Right side: Same setup except Diezel Herbert amp head. Leads and cleans were also Diezel.

Singularity:

Mark at Audiohammer reamped the rhythm tracks, 5150III: mics were sm57 and beyer201 i used mostly the 57 through a vintech x73 and the 201 through an api 3124. Mesa cab vintage 30s, custom od pedal.

All leads, cleans, and other overdubs where Axe-FX

:kickass: