YOUR way of double tracking guitars

I do 2 real takes each with a different amp/cabinet set up but I'll use the same guitar a lot of the time. Then I pan the tracks hard left and hard right (100% for both) and maybe a hint of reverb but these days reverb is out in the rythym guitar department, IMO.

Is this correct for quadtracking two guitarist?:

Guitarist "A" plays "Riff 1A" twice, with the same amp and settings, and both tracks are panned hard to lets say the left.

Guitarist "B" plays "Riff 1B" twice, with the different amp and settings from "Guitarist A", and both tracks are panned hard to the right.

to a degree, yea...i mean, you don't HAVE to change amps, or guitars, or anything else

i really don't understand why this and the quad-tracking thread are getting so drawn out

if you have 1 take on each side, your shit is double-tracked...if there's 2 takes per, then it's quad-tracked, and any changes in player/guitar/amp/settings/cab/whatever are merely there to get differentiate the 2 sides

personally, i like to keep everything equal on both sides for rythym tracks, at least when doubling...if quad tracking, then the 2nd take on each side might be different from the 1st, but is the same as on the other side

to a degree, yea...i mean, you don't HAVE to change amps, or guitars, or anything else

i really don't understand why this and the quad-tracking thread are getting so drawn out

if you have 1 take on each side, your shit is double-tracked...if there's 2 takes per, then it's quad-tracked, and any changes in player/guitar/amp/settings/cab/whatever are merely there to get differentiate the 2 sides

personally, i like to keep everything equal on both sides for rythym tracks, at least when doubling...if quad tracking, then the 2nd take on each side might be different from the 1st, but is the same as on the other side

I think one of the reasons this and the quad tracking thread are so popular is because a lot of guitar players cum home studio producers remain unsure about the actual process of laying down their guitar tracks. Personally I am the type that just starts messing around with a new idea and don't care about making a bunch of garbage tracks by doing so. But I tend to find a lot of players seem to walk on egg shells about their tone, if they have the proper equipment and even seem mezmerized by the way you mic a cabinet sometimes. The best takes I've gotten from myself and other guitar players is when they are not thinking they are recording and just wailing. The fact that if you do it right, two tracks can be all you need to hit like a freight train and when they're done wrong having even four guitar tracks can sound anemic and weak.

Quad tracking usually.

Same player, same guitar, same pickup, same pick, Left guitar part through amp A and amp B, Right guitar part through amp A and amp B. Amp A hard panned Left and Right, amp B panned about 85% Left and Right.