Guitar Heroes Album.

you can't say that he's not a very skilled guitarplayer, just watch the End of An Era dvd(Especially High Hopes.). i know he's not the fastest player in the world, but speed isn't everything:headbang:
he showed off a bit more his skills in the new nightwish album. he did pretty nice solos in "cadence of her last breath" and "7 days to the wolves". they have some almost "fast" parts.

what i really like about him tho is that his solos always perfectly match the song its played in, and its always super precise.

he showed off a bit more his skills in the new nightwish album. he did pretty nice solos in "cadence of her last breath" and "7 days to the wolves". they have some almost "fast" parts.

what i really like about him tho is that his solos always perfectly match the song its played in, and its always super precise.

:headbang:Word:headbang::)

i guess i would agree, but the funny thing is that whenever people say "EMOTION IS IMPORTANT, YOU MUST PLAY WITH FEELING", they say that when insulting shredders (just look at any vai/satriani/malmsteen/gilbert video on youtube). they also claim that they, on the other hand, can play with a lot of emotion without throwing a ton of notes into the mix. and i would say 100% of the time, its kids who have absolutely no technique or skill, playing on the Epiphone their daddy bought them for xmas, playing those boring ass bbking-ish bends (with bad vibrato, no timing).

like michael angelo batio once said, people who can play fast never insult speed, its only the ones that have no technique that bash shredding.

i guess i would agree, but the funny thing is that whenever people say "EMOTION IS IMPORTANT, YOU MUST PLAY WITH FEELING", they say that when insulting shredders (just look at any vai/satriani/malmsteen/gilbert video on youtube). they also claim that they, on the other hand, can play with a lot of emotion without throwing a ton of notes into the mix. and i would say 100% of the time, its kids who have absolutely no technique or skill, playing on the Epiphone their daddy bought them for xmas, playing those boring ass bbking-ish bends (with bad vibrato, no timing).

like michael angelo batio once said, people who can play fast never insult speed, its only the ones that have no technique that bash shredding.

= 100% truth.

the only time when speed destroys a solo is when a guitarist doesnt know his limits and plays faster than he can go, and since going straight up/down a scale is pretty much the fastest thing a person can do (or playing some really boring cyclical pattern), thats what ends up happening. seems to me that almost all the recent guitarists out there play fast for the sake of playing fast (metalcore/emocore, im looking at you) and goes at their top speed, which leaves very little room for creativity.

bottom line: if you cant make up a solo by improvising and jamming with a friend, or if you compose a solo without playing it and it requires you alot of takes with a metronome to play right,

bush_doing_it_wrong.jpg

Guitar Heros Album release party will be 6.11. @ Tavastia (Timo Tolkki (Stratovarius), Euge Valovirta (Godsplague, Sub Urban Tribe), Tuomio Louhio (ex-Impaled Nazarene), Sakari Hietala (Tarot), Mikko Salovaara (Kiuas), Esa Holopainen (Amorphis), Mr. Crab (Bleak))

If some one is interested...