Guitar Pro 3.0 question

Despot

Admatha
Jul 17, 2001
NJ, USA
I have used this program for a long time, but I still haven't figured out how to import ASCII tabs. I would like to import a few tabs from the internet, but I'm not sure if that is possible and how to do it. If you have any clue please let me know. Thank You.

For those of you who are stuck with a demo version of this program send me an e-mail, cause I think I can help you with that.

Piracy? GASP! That stuff is illegal you know... >P

Unless there is a standard for how ascii tabs are written (like a program writing them or some such), simple logic dictates that you can't very well import them into Guitar Pro. You could use an ascii-editor with macro-capability to write a set of parsers to convert them into something machine-readable and translate the output into input for guitar pro, but somehow I think just transcribing them by hand would be easier. ;D

Originally posted by Till Fjalls
I've never used it before, think you could hook me up with a copy??? Or do you just have a crack?

Just send me an e-mail. It's a very good program for writing and editing tabs. Very easy to use as well. You won't be disappointed.