Guitar-related question about Alexi

Delanoir

May 29, 2008
As everyone would already know, Alexi clearly favors RR-shaped guitars.

However, I've always wondered, what would his second choice be? What other guitar would he play, if not a Rhoads-inspired V?

I've read a lot of interviews, but have never seen anyone even ask this before.

He's owned a Ibanez RG. Maybe he would really play Ibanez seeing as he is a Steve Vai fan...you never know but i have hard time imagining that :p Just him with a superstrat shape=WTF

I've also seen him using an ESP Eclipse in some random lesson found on youtube, but that could have just been the only guitar around at the time.

Too bad Janne doesn't seem to be on here anymore, he might know. :p

Definitely a Ibanez RG, seeing how his influences is from Vai and Paul Gilbert. And the fact that he used one on SW album.
Now if he use a Fender Strat, that would be some shit.

Well yeah but we don't know about any other guitars that he's had except the RG,Tokai strat,Jackson RR's and ESPs. He could have fucking 150 guitars at home for all we know! Hell, i've seen pictures of him and Ale posing with Jackson Dinky's with Follow the reaper graphics(or was it hatebreeder?). That is never mentioned anywhere either. He could have basically loads of guitars without us knowing :lol:

Definitely a Ibanez RG, seeing how his influences is from Vai and Paul Gilbert. And the fact that he used one on SW album.
Now if he use a Fender Strat, that would be some shit.

True, he used an RG on SW, but his style has changed quite a bit since then.

Well yeah but we don't know about any other guitars that he's had except the RG,Tokai strat,Jackson RR's and ESPs. He could have fucking 150 guitars at home for all we know! Hell, i've seen pictures of him and Ale posing with Jackson Dinky's with Follow the reaper graphics(or was it hatebreeder?). That is never mentioned anywhere either. He could have basically loads of guitars without us knowing :lol:

Those were Alexander's guitars, actually. He got them from ESP after they signed, but (obviously) before he left.

You're still basically right though.

He mentioned he has 20-something guitars recently in an interview.

Those were Alexander's guitars, actually. He got them from ESP after they signed, but (obviously) before he left.

You're still basically right though.

Actually they were Jackson's :p And both the same. I saw Alexi and Ale posing each with one of those. They were pretty cool. The ones he had with ESP were the camo Horizon ESP and the Hatecrew deathroll Horizon. They were very handsome guitars :cool:

I heard something that they got one of those each as a "bonus" or something. I dunno really. I could be wrong..

To everyone who says Alexi+superstrat=WTF? I'll tell you that he's already been seen playing one live. Not with COB though. SOB used to have the pic on Alexi's profile but it's not there anymore.

*waits for valkokukka or sleeper to come with the pic*:lol:

About the Dinkys, they were Alexander's and had FTR graphics.

About the bumber of guitars, as Inhe has said Alexi said in a recent (not longer than a year) interview that he has somewhere around 20 guitars at home.

Nope, the ones you're talking are the camo and the HCD ESP's Ale got, Matias was referring to 2 Jackson Dinkys with FTR graphics that Alexander had.

Janne doesn't love us anymore. :cry:

Janne got pissed of because of some stupid users that kept anoying him over and over and left.

I have to admit that I don't have a clue what pic you are talking about, shame on me :lol:

About the bumber of guitars, as Inhe has said Alexi said in a recent (not longer than a year) interview that he has somewhere around 20 guitars at home.
Yep that's right. It was Soundi interview with Alexi, Timo Tolkki and Esa Holopainen last fall (Guitar Heroes album related).

There's a pic somewhere in the murder archives with him playing the Ibanez...

and about the Ibanez guitars with the HCDR and Camou painting... look into the murder archives under Alexander's guitars

ah, and the pic with him and the Ibanez can also be found in the murder archives under youth gone wild

To everyone who says Alexi+superstrat=WTF? I'll tell you that he's already been seen playing one live. Not with COB though. SOB used to have the pic on Alexi's profile but it's not there anymore.

As valkokuuka already said, not sure which pic you meant; these are the only ones I can find atm

alexi_ibanez.jpg

is_not_the_same_when_he_posses_w-1.jpg
:lol::lol:

tm_alexi_laiho.jpg