Guitar Suggestions?

Final_Vision

This is Not an Exit
Oct 19, 2001
California
Hey, I'm not a regular here (though regular lurker). But I know there are a lot of guitarists here and figure its as good a place as any to get some suggestions.

I'm looking for something in the $600 price range. Mainly looking at Jacksons. Something that has a tremelo. Not really interested in Ibanez, ESP, or Fender. I've been playing for 5 years but I'm not a total guitar tech head so any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Personally.. I can't play anything aside from Parker now... for me they're the perfect guitar but they're a tad more expensive than what you thought of.. unless you go for a nitefly which I guess is good... I haven't tried 'em but I completely but my faith in Parker...

mexican made fender strat

though thats probably not metal enough eh :p

nevermind i have one and it ahs the sweetest tone and action

I purchased a Jackson KE3, which is a Kelly model for about 600 dollars if I remember correctly.

It has a Floyd Rose Trem, dual humbecker pickups, a nice smooth neck with 24 frets, good tone, and a sweet action.

Unfortunately, this guitar lacks a tone knob, but it does have a volume control.

I think that it was worth what I paid for it, and remember being extremely impressed with it when I bought it. I still like it, however, I picked up a Jackson KV2, and play that a lot more often.

I would not necessarilly go with a big name guitar just because it has a big name on it. You need to find a guitar that you are comfortable playing. If you are comfortable with Jackson, then go with them. If you are comfortable with a Fender, then buy one of those.

I suggest Schecter.
My C-1+Plus is incredible, and I feel like I bought this at a steal.
The pickups will need changing, but this guitar feels great.
Comparable to a PRS...

Yeah I agree go schecter....

Shreddy guitars suck...I hate "metal" guitars, specificlly Jacksons...God what a crappy ass guitar...Its like the standard "metal" guitar too, I wouldnt be caught DEAD playing a Jackson. Thin ass midless (ball-less) trebley tone, TERRIBLE feeling finished neck, WAY overpriced and HORRIBLY overrated. I really dont like ESP either, but if you like that feminine Jackson feel, ESPs are at least a teeeny bit more manly feeling.

Ibanezes are ok, I have a 7620, before the 7's were made in Korea, its an ok guitar. Sounds good plays decent...Personally i think I overpayed for it. I really wouldnt reccoment it to anyone, but I guess its perfect for death metal/shred but thats basiclly it...The guitar lacks soul.

BC Rich...unless you get the really expensive custom models, the guitars stink. I personally hate that over the top pointy metally design, i think its just silly.

Personally i love Fender Strats and Telecasters. I love the tone, and I love the fact I have to fight the damn guitar just for it to sound decent. I love the thick baseball bat neck, fighting for every note makes what you play sound so much more real, and deserved. About Mexican strats...The pickups are garbage, but the guitars are good. The higher up Mexican strats are really good with decent pu's. I love G&L's too, I sold my Ibanez Petrucci model, to hopefully get a sweet ass Comanche. Im also a huge Les Paul guy, I love fucking 20lb heavy ass guitars...Sorry Im rambling, im just a HHHHHUUUUGGGGGEEEE ass vintage gear whore...I love shit from the 60s and 70s anyways..

Go schecter, they make the best damn midrange guitars Ive ever played...for 600 bucks you can get a NICE one.