Guitar t0nez

Thats all wrong for metal on that amp. You are lucky to get an 80s hair metal tone with those settings ...lol

Go like this:
TS settings were
Drive 100%
Gain 35%
Tone 50%

JCA Settings were

Gain 10
Bass 5
Mid 2/3
Treble 8
Master 2
Presence 5

I'm also receiving my first amp soon, so this interests me as well.
Not to derail the topic but quick question: If I already have a Wilde OD, mT2 and a Demonizer, would I still benefit from getting some TS?

Personally, I don't really dig using the gain knob on the TS at all. I use the pedal only for that low-mid tightening effect and to drive the preamp with the level knob if needed. Gain 0, Tone according to taste but usually around noon, Level 10 (5 for tamer tones). On the JCA, gain 7-10, bass 5-6, mid 1-3, treble 5-6, presence 5-7.

hey Jarkko you coming to sweden anytime soon letting me stroke my cock against your jca20 head?

That sounds incredibly tempting in a completely platonic, heterosexual way.

TS settings were
Drive 100%
Gain 35%
Tone 50%

I was using Peavey Windsor tho, I don't own a Jet City, but I do it about like that with my real TS9, but with the Pod Farm TS I have noticed that the drive makes the distortion grain sound really "digital", so the drive at 15%, gain so that it doesn't clip the converters (as it is a mere volume control) and tone to taste was the way to go. I also find the camel crusher as a really cool booster pedal sim because it has a compressor, two different types of distortions and a mix blend knob.

But yeah, start with mic placement with the "typical sneap settings" (Sorry Guru, I just found that phrase really hilarious on your video :lol:) with SM57 between the area where cone and the dustcap meets.

Then try the initial amp settings I usually start with all amps: mids 9 o clock, bass 12 o clock, treble at 3 o clock, presence around 2 o clock, and preamp gain at high or max, and master volume so that it moves air but it doesn't rip your face off but as loud as you dare. Record a short clip, adjust settings and/or mic placement, repeat until satisfied.

edit: damn, now that I checked out Gurus settings, those JCA he said are about the same :lol:

Ya those were the settings I was using with the JCA, but for me it didnt have the "immediacy" in the tone that I like with my amps. Its a great sounding amp but I think it just has too much power amp sag for my personal taste.