GUITAR THREAD

MetalliFan

Amateur Headbanger
Mar 20, 2013
Check your basement
ITT: A salute to our 6-stringed makers of music :headbang:

Or if you like to get freaky, you might even post 7, 8, or 12 strings.
I don't judge. ;)

Share those pin ups, boys, and feel free to swoon.

ExplorerXPL.jpg

76custom-albums-guitars-picture22498-xpl-009.jpg

P4090207.jpg

1985 Gibson XPL Explorer
Fucking beautiful guitar

Been playing since 2006. Have had this one since 2008:
gx3.jpg

Getting this next month when I graduate high school:
DV016_Jpg_Large_1343059394374_A.jpg

Exploring beyond the front page to find a thread, Dave?
Ain't nobody got time for that. :devil:

... Please don't whip me for my ignorance :eek:

@88
Holy shit, nice gear.
I only got a KH-202 after I graduated, ripped out that dinky Special Floyd and christened it with a Schaller and some HZs.

This was my first love:
DSCN0777.jpg

Esteban Midnight Legacy Strat-Paul hybrid thingy
This thing was manufactured in Shitsville, was playing it one day and the gear inside the back of the 1st string tuner blew its cap and shot out, ricocheted off my mirror and hit me in the face.
True story, gave me a nice welt on the side of my head for a day.

Good lad. I play Jacksons exclusively when it comes to real people guitars, but since I've been demoted to bass duties for Vindicator I'm sorely lacking in practice anymore. Hopefully the Nefasturris album will correct that. I use a rather delicious Yamaha bass though - was only going to be a placeholder until I saved up enough money to buy a Jackson bass (or enough for a small country) but it's actually pretty fucking amazing.

EMG's > Blackouts, by far. The 81 is tighter and cuts through the mix better than the blackout bridge which has too much output.

Oh and Metallica sucks!

I'm not sure how i'm a "troll" and I have nothing against you, but saying things like that on the internet is real easy buddy.

I hate people that listen to Metallica and have to be such fanboys that they make their fucking account name on a site "Metallifan" (really fucking original assholes, there's only 5000 people on this board with that name) and only buy guitars that Metallica use, etc. Its just annoying. Metallica is severely overrated for what they are, and their are tons of bands out there, stop jerking their dicks.

I think Metallica are an overrated bag of wank too. No excuse to bring that up out of the blue on a completely unrelated thread, is it? You didn't have a point to make on the subject matter, you're just being an asshole. Don't be an asshole. That's my job.

Buying explorers just because you're into Metallica, making your name clearly about Metallica, making your avatar James Hetfield, making your signature something regarding Metallica, etc is just fucking to much.

Crappy cell phone pic, but here is my baby:
8674187510_816a4f14b3_m.jpg

1975 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe. She sounds preety sweet, but I need to get a better amplifier.

ITT: A salute to our 6-stringed makers of music :headbang:

Or if you like to get freaky, you might even post 7, 8, or 12 strings.
I don't judge. ;)

Share those pin ups, boys, and feel free to swoon.

ExplorerXPL.jpg

76custom-albums-guitars-picture22498-xpl-009.jpg

P4090207.jpg

1985 Gibson XPL Explorer
Fucking beautiful guitar

Ignore E Fs comments, your black Explorer is beautiful! :headbang:

Buying explorers just because you're into Metallica, making your name clearly about Metallica, making your avatar James Hetfield, making your signature something regarding Metallica, etc is just fucking to much.

I was 14 when I registered here, dude. Also, the Kelly is more of a Marty Friedman thing.

5046091402_029de93f24.jpg

Opinions are great, aren't they?

Moving on.
_c1029616_image_0.jpg

Dean Dime Razorback V
This beauty caught my eye a little while back.

@Zerostatic
:lol: Dude, I wish that was my XPL! If I ever get a nice stack of bills, I know what I'm wasting it on, though!

Kill yourself.

I've played those Dean's a few times and they are complete utter shit guitars, the pickups are shit, they would never stay in tune, and how anyone finds these guitars attractive in the slightest is beyond me.