GUITAR THREAD

The design's what caught my eye on it, I like the way it looks.

I guess you could say it's.... Edgy. :lol:

Got any guitars you think are God Tier, boss? I'd like to be cultured.

PRS. Easily the most comfortable guitars I've played.

005_zps6c91d223.jpg

004_zps6928910b.jpg

002_zpsb67b4e90.jpg

Most of my current gear..

Compared to a Les Paul they balance better when standing with a strap, super thin neck in a "C" shape, they obviously look awesome, I prefer their tremolos to TOM bridges, they have a 10" radius unlike Gibson that use 12" or 14", so its better for a rhythm guitarist IMO.

The only thing about them, well their SE (made in Korea line) is if you want it to a perfect guitar you have to change the tuners, change the nut, and change the pickups (I would do that with nearly any guitar anyway) the guitar will still be less money all together than a guitar with as good features though, mine has Schaller locking tuners, graph tech nut/saddles, and bare knuckle "Holy Diver" pickups, features you would see on guitars over double the price.

I'll have to take your word for it, comparing it to a LP. To be honest, I've never even played a Paul (Closest guitar place has a very limited guitar selection.). No denying that it's a great-looking guitar, I'll give it that.

For all that work, is it worth the cost?
And, for me, that seems to be the case for a lot of cheaply-priced Korean guitars. Tweaking. Tweaking and replacing everywhere.

>Accuses someone else of being a fanboy
>Owns artist signature guitars

What?

Those purchases had nothing to do with the actual artists.

The Dean IMO looked like the best V on the market for the price at the time so I got it, the PRS was actually a random buy from my Dad, I wanted a PRS for a while so he got me one that he thought I would like, I actually hate Cradle of Filth with a passion, more so than Metallica.

For all that work, is it worth the cost?
And, for me, that seems to be the case for a lot of cheaply-priced Korean guitars. Tweaking. Tweaking and replacing everywhere.

Yes its worth it, a Gibson Studio Les Paul has weaker features than my modded guitar and cost a couple hundred more, while that Les Paul is by far less comfortable (for me at least)

I myself am saving for a Carvin TL60.

Admittedly, the VMNT1 is pretty good. I used to have one myself, but I sold it - the only real gripe was the painted neck. A fantastic neck totally ruined that way.

I have 2 guitars with painted necks and 1 with a non-painted neck and I actually kind of like the gloss on the Dean because its just as smooth but in a different way. I'm curious what a tung oiled neck with stainless frets feels like.

I had my friend sand down the neck on my Les Paul. Much better now. The Kelly I'm getting has a non-painted neck.

Not sure if I have any actual photos of mine - again, I play bass now so my guitars only get brought out when I'm wiritng for Nefasturris or rearranging video game music (yeah, that project is still totally happening). I have;

Jackson RR3
Jackson DK2 Dinky
Jackson DK2T Dinky

And a Yamaha RBX374 bass, all of which I love very much. My RR3 is old as hell, I should probably get it fixed up or just sell it.