Guitar Tracking (video)

Finally! I've been wanting an update on your stuff for a while!

Details on the guitar chain? Looks like 81 -> OD808 -> Recto + 5150 -> 1960A and Mesa, MD421/SM57 on Mesa, 57 on Marshall? Is everything being used?

Matt, bro!

Can you please take an impulse response from the verb you're using on the snare???

I love that snare verb.

Finally! I've been wanting an update on your stuff for a while!

Details on the guitar chain? Looks like 81 -> OD808 -> Recto + 5150 -> 1960A and Mesa, MD421/SM57 on Mesa, 57 on Marshall? Is everything being used?

Looks like an OD820 to me....

Glad you guys liked the tone.
Yeah, that’s right on the chain. It’s quad tracked, with two tracks of Recto (through the Recto cab) and 2 tracks of 6505+ (through the Marshall cab). I liked the blend of the two cabinets. OD820 in front of each. The Recto cab is miked with a 57 and a 421, and the Marshall cab with a single 57.

As for the snare verb, I don’t have any way to take impulses, but it’s just an SPX-90 so I’m sure there are plenty of impulses out there, anyway.

And yeah, that’s tape on the higher strings to keep them from resonating or causing extra noise when they’re not being played.

Thanks again for the kind words. The album is in the finishing stages. I still have a bunch more vocals to do for the last couple of songs, some lead guitars, and then final mixes. We have label interest from a much bigger label than our debut was released on, so hopefully it works out. So far they said my mixes are good enough for release, so hopefully no drama on that front. I’ll keep you guys posted. :headbang:

Them guitars saound FANTASTIC. Well done. Nice playing too. Loved the riffs at the very start :headbang:

Glad you guys liked the tone.
Yeah, that’s right on the chain. It’s quad tracked, with two tracks of Recto (through the Recto cab) and 2 tracks of 6505+ (through the Marshall cab). I liked the blend of the two cabinets. OD820 in front of each. The Recto cab is miked with a 57 and a 421, and the Marshall cab with a single 57.

As for the snare verb, I don’t have any way to take impulses, but it’s just an SPX-90 so I’m sure there are plenty of impulses out there, anyway.

And yeah, that’s tape on the higher strings to keep them from resonating or causing extra noise when they’re not being played.

Thanks again for the kind words. The album is in the finishing stages. I still have a bunch more vocals to do for the last couple of songs, some lead guitars, and then final mixes. We have label interest from a much bigger label than our debut was released on, so hopefully it works out. So far they said my mixes are good enough for release, so hopefully no drama on that front. I’ll keep you guys posted. :headbang:

Incidently, i just found a VST that models that unit's revberb or similar for free!
Hahaha

http://www.luxonix.com/home/en/products.html?id=lfx1310