Guitar VST on group track?

Dave_Syn

New Metal Member
Dec 25, 2012
How do you guys usually use a guitar VST? I've got the Recabinet demo and I'm wondering if I can pan and route 4 tracks to a single group track with Recabinet on it, or if I should use 4 individual instances of Recabinet on each individual track.

You have to keep in mind, that each DI must have its own virtual amp. common way to do it is to:
a) have each mono VST amp on each track
b) route two L/R hardpanned mono track to a bus/track with stereo VST amp (ampsims in stereo work the same like two mono, but use same settings on both channels)

About the cabinet simulators:
a) when using static IRs with regular convolver staging doesn't really matter (applying same IR to group of ampsims or single ampsim tracks give the same result)
b) when using nonlinear/dynamic cabinet simulator like Recabinet you should apply on each channel separately (the same way like ampsims noted above). Otherwise you don't really benefit from the nonlinear simulation (It's like connecting multiple amps to a single cabinet)

I don't know much about recabinet, but if it has 4 individual inputs, than yes, it's OK. But if you route 4 guitars to 2 inputs its like having two cabs and 4 guitars...