guitar

YMIR

Scaldic Art
Jan 11, 2002
Nederland
Visit site
I play guitar. I am not playing in a band at the moment but I am thinking about to do that. Maybe I would play then metal with some folk-influences.

dutch folk? interesting! do you know of bands who allready do that? oh, wij kunnen ook nederlands praten :)!
ik heb het die zomer geleert, was niet erg moelijk! also, als je en groep weet, welke deze muziek speelt, vertell het maar aan mij, alsjeblieft!

I don't know bands who mix dutch folk with metal. Ik know a Belgian band who have sometimes Dutch lyrics. The band names Ancient Rites. Listen to 'On Golden Fields (de Leeuwen Dansen)'
on the album 'Dim Carcosa'.

People who love viking metal loves that album too!!

Groeten,

YMIR

Originally posted by Blackspirit
That, and; We can always use another
thread in this forum, where we can talk
some bullshit >:eek:P Hehe....
But it's not bullshit... it's... poopoo de la cattle... see. Much more sophisticated.

Damn, I'm in an odd mood today. I wonder how many braincells I lost at the concert last night. :confused:

oh yeah I forgot.........I play guitar but im forever cursed to suck. 2 years and I still suck...........can someone psycicly transfer some guitar skill to me? Ill send you a money order with a cookie inside!

Did Savatage let the new singer sing most of the songs or was it Jon again who did most of the parts?
In my opinion really stupid to have a singer in a band who ends up just doing the backvocals... while Jon stands behind the keyboards and sings the main parts... esp. when they told the press the new one has a 4.5 O vocal...

Originally posted by Morgana
Did Savatage let the new singer sing most of the songs or was it Jon again who did most of the parts?
In my opinion really stupid to have a singer in a band who ends up just doing the backvocals... while Jon stands behind the keyboards and sings the main parts... esp. when they told the press the new one has a 4.5 O vocal...
Damond Jiniya did most of the vocals, and in a few songs he and Jon Oliva took one verse each et.c. and for symphonic parts and canon singing they both sang. I found it quite well arranged, and Janiya has an absolutely fantastic voice (not that Oliva's isn't).

Originally posted by tenebrose

Damond Jiniya did most of the vocals, and in a few songs he and Jon Oliva took one verse each et.c. and for symphonic parts and canon singing they both sang. I found it quite well arranged, and Janiya has an absolutely fantastic voice (not that Oliva's isn't).

This sounds good, because last time I saw them live Damond was just doing back vocals!