Not open for further replies.

ms. anthrope

back off, mofo...
Feb 12, 2002
s.f. bay area
www.msanthrope.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: TUESDAY, AUGUST 28th, 2007

GUITARIST STEVE SMYTH PARTS WAYS WITH NEVERMORE

Guitarist Steve Smyth has officially parted ways with Nevermore, citing personal and business differences.

"All things find their end eventually, and at this time, I wish to make it clear that this was mutually agreed between the band and myself.

I will continue on with other aspects of my music career, including the upcoming release of The EssenEss Project, an all instrumental album, in the vein of progressive rock, that is now finished and being prepared for release.

After a year and 4 months of being out of the touring scene due to ill health and then a kidney transplant, I have finally been given a full health clearance by my doctors to go back on the road, and I am now ready to return to the stage.

I am proud and extremely honored to have been a guest of Uli Jon Roth at his Sky Academy concert series this past weekend, August 24th and 25th , in LA. What an awesome experience! To jam with one of the greatest, as well as several other incredible guitarists and musicians who have been big influences on my playing over the years, and to make new friends as well, the whole thing was just incredible. Many thanks to Uli for inviting me, it was truly an honor!

I am now embarking on a 6 week of tour of Europe with my friends from the Danish thrash metal band, SPV Recording Artists, HateSphere, first supporting Behemoth in Poland, and then joining the Dimmu Borgir tour. I have been a fan of HateSphere and friends with the band since 2003, when they opened for Testament at a festival we played together, and absolutely look forward to getting out with them and together, crushing Europe!"

Wow, I gotta say, I'm pretty bummed. I felt Steve fit in perfectly with the band. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

This is terrible news, Steve, you brought a dimesion to NM that gelled so well. I honestly felt that the direction that the band took when you joined was that of the the best band in metal today. But alas, all good things must end.

On a more personal note, I am thrilled to hear that the doctor's have cleared you to tour again! :headbang::headbang: I hope you have loads of fun on the upcoming tour.

G'luck in the future my man!

Well I'm really bummed , although not exactly 'shocked" at the news.
Granted Chris Broderick is a monster of a player and Nevermore will continue on,
but I thought the song writing and the chemistry between Steve and Jeff on TGE was
really Unique and original sounding.
Steve I hope your health holds up, because that's alot more important than what band you're in
but I was hoping this announcement would never happen.

You can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs -- Joker

Hatesphere is a great band and it's great to know that Steve will fully be back in action. Like you guys I'm definitely a bit sad about this but, as Steve said, "All things find their end eventually."

Good luck to both parties!

Now that I've seen it official, I'm really not that bothered by it. Steve is a phenominal player, and as time goes on I find my self constantly listening to his EssenEss samples.

I'm just glad that he left on amicable terms.

Oh, and release the EssenEss album already. I want to here more.

This is also about his health, and I completely forgot to say it in my other post.

Great to have you back in action and in good health, Steve. :kickass:

:(, yeah I liked the Steveness in nevermore...

Oh well, is he going to be playing EssenEss songs on tour. Not that I would be able to go mind you it's on the other side of the world but still curious.

Hopefully some will show up on youtube as they usually do lol, or he'll come state side.

It's a pity for us Nevermore fans, but I'll look forward to whatever he puts his mind (and talent) to :) :headbang:

And Steve, we won't be at a Hatesphere gig and we'll probably be moving to Canada some months after... but I just know our paths will cross again :) Stay healthy and happy and we'll see ya around (if you ever tour Regina haha) :kickass:

wow...

on the one hand, it's a pity that you left nevermore, cause i wanted to see you with them on stage once. oh well.. :(

but on the other hand, i'm really looking forward for what's coming up and it's great that you tour with hatesphere, because i'll be at the show on sep. 25th in cologne! :) see you there! :headbang:

it's cool that he's touring with hatesphere.. but in what way? that wasn't explained very well. good luck to him though :)

VERY DISSAPOINTING NEWS IMHO, HOWEVER BEFORE JUMPING TO the conclusions that it is only the hatesphere's dude opinion, so none of us no what really happened. I don't want to start a soap opera about it,
if something else happened, and the dude is backstabbing, then he should go fuck himself right now

HATESPHERE Guitarist Defends Lineup Changes - Sep. 19, 2007
In a brand new interview with Antenna, HATESPHERE guitarist Peter "Pepe" Lyse Hansen spoke about the departure of singer and founding member Jacob Bredahl following the exit of several other key members over the course of the last several months.

Said Pepe: "Jacob just didn't want it no more. He was tired of playing in HATESPHERE. Just tired. I've known about it for a little while — but, of course, it came as a big shock to me when I heard at first. It was something I just had to accept. I was still hoping that he would chance his mind, but that just didn't happen! Then when a tour [with DIMMU BORGIR and AMON AMARTH] was in trouble [due to 'unanticipated, economical circumstances'], he pulled the plug a bit sudden.

Pepe continued: "Just to get the rumors straight: Steve Smyth [ex-TESTAMENT, NEVERMORE] was considered before Jakob Nyman to replace Heinz on guitar, but when he showed up, two days before the tour, he hadn't rehearsed enough. Luckily for us we've had some shows with Jakob before, and he was able to jump right in — only 12 hours in advance.

"We are currently looking forward to Danish shows announced in November/December (especially a show like Danish Metal Awards).

"We don't have our eyes on a certain replacement [singer], but we have a lot of [vocalists] in mind.

"Some fans are already complaining of the GUNS N' ROSES factor — 'Why don't you just dissolve HATESPHERE and start a new band?' Isn't that where you are right now anyway? No, I don't think of it that way. If the new guys where just stand-ins then maybe — but they're not! We have already been playing a lot of concerts together and for me; we are HATESPHERE now! If I didn't feel like that — I wouldn't continue with the band."

Read the entire interview at Antenna.nu.

HATESPHERE entered the national chart in its home country at position No. 26 with the group's latest release, "Serpent Smiles and Killer Eyes". The CD was mixed by Tue Madsen at Antfarm studios in Århus, Denmark.

Watch HATESPHERE's video for the song "Drinking with the King of the Dead" (taken from "Serpent Smiles and Killer Eyes"):

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...ineup-changes-thread-smyths-board-closed.html

Status
Not open for further replies.