Important Message From Steve Smyth, 4/30/06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everybody!

This has been a delayed update, not because there wasn't anything going on, but lately due to one fact; some "news" I was supposed to have received last week sometime.
On to that first; I don't want to go into detail on what this "news" is about, but suffice it to say that I have been informed that again, this "news"will take another few weeks to come back to me. The best I can say is, I'm anxiously awaiting this "news", and once I have it, I'll post an update on here!

Thank you to all of you who consistently send me supportive e-mails, and well wishes via my My Space as well as here, on my forum! You guys are awesome, and I really appreciate it! I know some out there don't really like My Space, but I can actually say I've got a pretty cool page on there, and there's some new stuff on there in video form right now, and more to come in the near future.

On that subject, we're getting ready to launch some videos ( m-pegs and what-not) from various points in my musical history, and this should begin to come to fruition starting this week. Footage from Testament, Dragonlord, Vicious Rumors, and even my Black Sabbath Ozzy tribute, Sweet Leaf, will soon be featured in the videos section of my My Space page, as well as making their inevitable way to You Tube. Not all are complete songs of course, but we're working on that angle as well. I am actively searching for anyone who has digitized a very hard to find( and I think out of print) home video I was a part of; VR The first 10 Years.It was only done on VHS, and is not in print anymore. If you have it, please contact me, I need to talk to you!

On to The EssenEss Project. Well, it's been a few months, and in that time, due to reasons I'll explain in a minute, we've gotten things honestly down to 1 song left for me! I know that sounds odd, in 2 months time, to only be down to 1 song, ( we had 4 to go last time I left an update), but as we've gone along, there have been things that have affected maintaining a regular daily schedule with tracking this monster, Steve Hoffman's schedule, and some recent health issues for me ( nothing I couldn't fight and win along the way), that resulted in a few delays over the last few months here.
But, we're in there on a pretty regular schedule again, and now it's down to one, and on to final overdubs. In this last session, we're putting down some "extras", some ear cookies. I don't want to give away what we're going to put down either, so you'll have to wait and hear it! Man, have I learned a lot through recording this album!
We're now looking at mixing this sometime in the Fall; this is being worked out this week, and I'll have an update with info as to who's mixing in the next update. I've got my eyes on a couple of great engineers here in the Bay Area, one who most "guitar afficiandos" would know of... we'll see what works out. Stay tuned!

On other fronts, the Metalocalypse (AKA DETHKLOK!!!) episode I did voice overs for, along with Michael Amott and my "metal brother",Warrel Dane, made it's debut a few weeks back! Hope you all were able to catch it, and enjoyed it!I had a lot of fun doing it, and rumors are that they're making Season 2 as we speak.Man that show kicks ass!
I did go to Gigantour 2 in Oakland as well, when it came through town. What a great concert that was! Very inspiring to see a lot of great metal up there on one stage! I had a great time, visited some good friends backstage briefly, but I was there to see some metal! Truly a great bill Dave put together for this!

Now, on to one important subject, one of which I have received lots of e-mails, forum posts, and My Space messages about as well; Guitar Lessons!
My plan is now complete, and I will be giving entire details in a separate post later this week, but I am ready to start these lessons at the beginning of November! Are you guys ready?! I am!

That's all for now. Stay tuned, as there's lots more coming soon!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

thanks for the update!
I'm waiting for the essence project, and for the lessons (well i have some school work to do by novermber, to ensure my moms funding for the lessons :lol: )
I hope the news you will be getting will be good, and that your health will get better.
Sanatate! (good health in romanian, my native lang),
Paul

Sounds good Steve! Looking forward to hearing how the lessons are going to work!

Hey Steve!:headbang: sounds like your keeping busy and working hard. hmm great things never change :lol: Can't wait to hear the final product of the Esseness Project. Freakin' Sweet man! Sure wish you'd be flying down for the Maiden show but I'll play some air riffage just for you! Take care bro!
:wave: to all!

Thanks for the update Steve. I hope your news is good news. As always, glad to hear you are feeling good.

Can't wait to hear more on the lessons!!

Status
Not open for further replies.