Guitarists that record on their computer (I need help)

Cat5Messiah

Violator of Sheep
Jan 21, 2003
Seattle/Tacoma (Browns Point), WA
www.myspace.com
I was wondering, what is the best program to record and mix with? What I want to do, is do like a multitrack recording. What I'll do is lay down two tracks on my guitar. One will be the lead and the other will be the rythym. Then after that, I need a program that allows me to add in the drums and bass, but be able to customize the way I want the drums and bass to fit my needs, of course. Also, is there one single program that can do it all? What do you guys suggest?

NP: John Petrucci - Epilogue

For gods sake mahn, there was another thread just like this some weeks ago! Go search for it, and you can get my (and Sic's, hahahaha, and others) masterful advice. The mixing and recording thread or something it was called. The Muscian's Discussion forum also has some threads.

Yeah, I already found that thread, which is how I discovered Cool Edit 2 Pro. I just want something strictly for bass and drums. I don't really want to go into the midi>wav formating bullshit when/if there is a program (other than Fruity Loops) that will make it the same quality and not having to convert files like that.

SSJ4SephirothX said:
Yeah, I already found that thread, which is how I discovered Cool Edit 2 Pro. I just want something strictly for bass and drums. I don't really want to go into the midi>wav formating bullshit when/if there is a program (other than Fruity Loops) that will make it the same quality and not having to convert files like that.

Whatever. I never convert anything with Cubase SX.

b0n0 said:
if you look hard enough in fruityloops u can find decent drum sounds

yeah i guess. i looked hard for awhile and the best drum sounds i could find i used for that megaman song i made and posted a link to earlier.
if you want to listen to it again click here http://www.angelfire.com/dc/clan666/Return2WilyCastle.mp3

it's not terrible, but i am always up for ideas for better programs. I use n-track, like Stygian, as well

Okay, I see that someone´s already recommended Cubase SX to you (surprise, surprise, it was Mattias, the official spokesperson for Steinberg on Ultimate Metal). This is fine and dandy, works okay. I´ve not recorded with it as of yet, just fiddled about with it. Either this or Emagic´s Logic seem as if they would suit your recording needs. I prefer Logic, though, due to its slightly more logical (well, duh) interface and overall ease of use. However, production of this software is discontinued for the PC, so you´d probably be better off going with Cubase SX (besides, SX only crashes, like, half as many times as Cubase VST).

Thilo said:
Check out this song of my band called SEDUCTION. It's recorded with Cubase, Drums are programmed and midi controlled also with Cubase....

Stay Strong

I think the Sound kicks ass....

Niiiice sound! Almost better than Sic's HOOVERDAM rubbish. How did you record that? What drum samples are those?