Guitarists that record on their computer (I need help)

Thilo said:
Jo, but Cubase is still Cubase. Everbody could do great sound with it! You just need Cubase (Suprise!!) and for example a POD or Vamp and a Keyboard or some Drumsamples.....

Yup. Did you mike up real amps for this or use a pod type thing?

Thilo said:
Solos are with POD, the rest with real amp...something "no name"....

You see, Mattias? Everyone that´s anything records by micing up the amps. Only sissyboys like you use POD, V-Amp and what have you to record all the guitars. This makes me laugh heartily.

U[Sic]M said:
You see, Mattias? Everyone that´s anything records by micing up the amps. Only sissyboys like you use POD, V-Amp and what have you to record all the guitars. This makes me laugh heartily.

Than I'm a sissyboy too....
For Home-recording (Songwriting and practising too) the best way is to use the POD because it very handy.

Well I have to put my shoe down!!! It's coming down! The ONLY program for recording and mastering etc is E-magic Logic Platinum 5.1, at only $1800 its a cheap buy! LOL You will need a manual, if you manage to "borrow" a copy, or a book, why not;"Making music with emagic Logic Audio by Stephen Bennet". The ALL you need is talent, booze and Coffee my friends. Combine with the PODxt guitar effect and your kicking the BIG ASS. YYYiiiihhhaaaaaaaa

Hi there!

Is there a link were I can download Cubase from? Until now i was using audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net) to record my things.
Would be nice if you could all post links to the software that you recommended or something.
Has anybody used a Hughes & Kettner Red Box Pro to record something? Please tell me if you have, I'd really be interested in your experiences with this tool (In Flames uses it on stage)!

grtz, Head

I am getting very fucking frustrated. How in the fuck am I supposed to add drums? I mean, I can't use shit like GP3/GP4 or Leafdrums quite simply because of the timing and abstract signatures and what-not. I need a program that will let me at the guitar tracks, and create a 3rd track for the drums where I can tell it what to do and when (kind of like GP3/GP4) but not in midi.

NP: Some song from SimCity 4

Thilo said:
Did you try kazaa?
No, actually i didn't because my bandwidth at home is very low and in school it doesn't work... :(

Would be nice if you could at least post the exact names and versions of your programs so that i can ask my friends to download them for me or maybe they have them already...

thx, head

SSJ4SephirothX said:
I am getting very fucking frustrated. How in the fuck am I supposed to add drums? I mean, I can't use shit like GP3/GP4 or Leafdrums quite simply because of the timing and abstract signatures and what-not. I need a program that will let me at the guitar tracks, and create a 3rd track for the drums where I can tell it what to do and when (kind of like GP3/GP4) but not in midi.

Go find someone with the "Vdrums" drum set, it will hook up via midi, the end product is... just amazing better than studio. Only problem is... where the hell do you find a good drummer? LOL

SSJ4SephirothX said:
That's too much of a pain in the ass. I'd rather do it from my computer.

Okidoki! How about just connecting a midikeyboard to a program like battery and simply punching out the notes (read dif. drums) on the keyboard and "gluing" them in on a differnt track? Takes a long time but with some patience the end result is satisfactory! Rome wasn't built in a day! This alternative will drive you mad and probably make you jump in front of a train so make sure a friend locks you in your computer room from the out side!!! ROCK ON!

NP:Evergrey-recreation day

Well, I do have certain programs that allow me to create drum tracks, but I need something that will let me write the drums in a program where I can load the guitar tracks and listen to make sure that the timing is right, considering Paradox is abstract with a lot of time changes.

NP: In Flames - Only for the Weak

SSJ4SephirothX said:
Well, I do have certain programs that allow me to create drum tracks, but I need something that will let me write the drums in a program where I can load the guitar tracks and listen to make sure that the timing is right, considering Paradox is abstract with a lot of time changes.

Like a metronom?

No. Maybe you're not understanding me. I can't create the drumline in a seperate program because I need to be able to line up the drum track with the guitar tracks perfectly so the timing is perfect. If you were to hear the song, you would understand the difficulty more.

NP: In Flames - Pinball Map

SSJ4SephirothX said:
No. Maybe you're not understanding me. I can't create the drumline in a seperate program because I need to be able to line up the drum track with the guitar tracks perfectly so the timing is perfect. If you were to hear the song, you would understand the difficulty more.

NP: In Flames - Pinball Map

Will you download Cubase and Battery and some drum samples already and be quiet?

cool edit 2000 is the best audio program ever. as for drums and shit, my keyboard has a drum machine on it with changable tempo and shit, and it has two custom drum settings. if the song im playing calls for a change, i'll hit the button with my toe or something. it usually never works exactly so i never record with drums.

asphyXy said:
cool edit 2000 is the best audio program ever. as for drums and shit, my keyboard has a drum machine on it with changable tempo and shit, and it has two custom drum settings. if the song im playing calls for a change, i'll hit the button with my toe or something. it usually never works exactly so i never record with drums.

So Sephiroth, you now have a choice. It will be a hard one, so think lots. You have to choose whether you want to be a hip and cool pro sounding artist like, say, Mattias of the Night and Sic, or a gay and lying homophobe like asphyx by using amateur programs and hailing them as "best EveR!!!". The decision is yours, choose wisely!

I recommend you not to be gay and lying. I'm not, and look just how cool I am.