Guitars / Amps Question...

progmetaldan

Nov 25, 2006
South Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey Guys, I was wondering what amps were used on ASU, and what amps are being used on the new album? Especially the guitars (I am a guitarist :D ) but also the bass would be interesting...

Also, are you guys still using the same guitars as were used on ASU, or do you have new preferences now?

Cheers! :cool:

Hey Guys, I was wondering what amps were used on ASU, and what amps are being used on the new album? Especially the guitars (I am a guitarist :D ) but also the bass would be interesting...

Also, are you guys still using the same guitars as were used on ASU, or do you have new preferences now?

Cheers! :cool:
I didn't record anything on ASU but for the next I'll probably use my Universe with my newly installed Lundgren pickup :) I don't know which amp I'll use.

/Andreas

I didn't record anything on ASU but for the next I'll probably use my Universe with my newly installed Lundgren pickup :) I don't know which amp I'll use.

/Andreas

Cheers for the reply Andreas. I did know yo weren't on ASU, should've been more specific I guess...

So you're sticking with the Universe? Not going for an 8 string after all?

I would probably use an ADA MP-1 modded preamplifier, this is like the grial saint of all the preamps I have tested, you can get from thick and warm distorsion tones (3 JJ's + 12 tubes from the old Peavey Classic 50/50 poweramp) to cristaline and jazzy cleans, very aproppiate to metal or another kind of musical genre. A little piece of jewelery in my rig :lol:

Hey guys, let me ask you something

U know what bass ( or pick up) and amp did Lars used in ASU?

thanks

Big Block 750 Mesa Boogie, Stage Tuner, Electro Harmonix Bass- Synth, Mipro-Wireless-system in a live setting

the bass in the studio was a Steinberger Q4 alongside the amp Neil Kernon had in the studio, an swr 4000.

Still no info about amp/preamp used for guitars...?
What had Steinar used...?
I am sure that someone would have to know..?
That would be a great information...!

The power amp was a SLO 100. We used a rackmount Soldano preamp though. It sounded better to us than the preamp in the SLO 100 so we just substituted it.