Gun laws in the great state of NY

Are guns some magical items that can only be manufactured in large gun factories ?
Or are guns just pieces of metal anyone can shape with a small lathe in their garage ?

Just because drugs are illegal doesn't make it impossible to manufacture alot of non-illegal drugs on your own. Just because we could do that, is it right to ban all the ingredients? No, that's impossible because alot of the stuff used could be found in everyones homes :p

Well, well. I've at least made my point (even though I'm not sure that I've made it as clear as I've wanted). I agree that you have the right to defend yourself but what I can't understand is why it all have come to this, the "root" of the problem as to speak.

mizar_sm.jpg

Sort of related: can someone please explain why some people think it's ok to have the right to bear arms but it's not ok for men to put dicks in each other's asses? I don't understand the logic there. To me guns are way more dangerous than gay sex.

You guys probably will think I'm just really ignorant, but why do you really need guns?

watch the pianist, or schindler's list...or read up on any of a number of historical accounts of how the nazis rounded up polish jews into ghettos

i'll 100% guarantee that if every jewish household had a firearm, the holocaust never happens

i know it seems pretty far-fetched, but more than anything, private gun ownership is the one and only thing that keeps the government honest and the citizenry out of prison camps

i think it's just a mentality, a way of seeing things.

I say it is pretty much far fetched.
jews would never buy guns.

nah but seriously, so giving everyone a gun is better ? holocaust maybe wouldn't have happen, but still would have been a war, with more casualties ?

watch the pianist, or schindler's list...or read up on any of a number of historical accounts of how the nazis rounded up polish jews into ghettos

i'll 100% guarantee that if every jewish household had a firearm, the holocaust never happens
You can't be serious. I tried to stay out of this thread because there's crap smeared all over it, but this statement is just ridiculous. Right, if there's a fully armed SS/Wehrmacht squad storming your house then you, the glorious hero, would victoriously defend your family and house. You obviously have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

private gun ownership is the one and only thing that keeps the government honest and the citizenry out of prison camps
:lol::lol::lol:

:ill:
:puke:

Right. This is wrong from a thousand different perspectives. In fact it is wrong no matter how you twist it. I have work to do, so I'll just remind you of the political prison camps before,during and after WWII in the USA.
Also, "keeps the government honest"? Oh really. In which reality do you happen to live? I'd like to visit this parallel universe you're talking about.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_American_internment
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enemy_alien
A well known example of enemy aliens were the Japanese citizens residing in the United States during World War II. Many of these Japanese and Japanese-Americans were imprisoned in internment camps by President Roosevelt during wartime, alongside many Italian-Americans. It is important, however, to recognize that the Japanese-Americans and Italian-Americans were not actually "aliens", as they held American citizenship, only the non-American citizens can be correctly termed "enemy aliens" and be interned. However, German American, Italian American and Japanese American permanent resident aliens were interned in the United States during WWII. In total 10,905 Italian Americans and 11,229 Japanese Americans were interned in many different camps and sites across the country. German Americans were held in more than 50 different locations.

i know it seems pretty far-fetched, but more than anything, private gun ownership is the one and only thing that keeps the government honest and the citizenry out of prison camps

Haha yeah that one fueled me to. That is just so generic "im a american dumbass" answer.

Right, if there's a fully armed SS/Wehrmacht squad storming your house then you, the glorious hero, would victoriously defend your family and house. You obviously have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Wait, so you are saying that taking out some nazi assholes (even just one) before dying would have been a bad thing?

Getting marched outside to be shot by firing squad, experimented on or gased was a better way to go?

I'm not being sarcastic at all, I'm seriously wondering why you think this.