Gus G. Is Going To Be A Metal Legend...

hm i think i believe this. i certainly hope so, cause i like him as a person too. and he's from my country too!

well he'll certainly be one of the best in some aspects, such as technique, great live performance etc.. let's hope that he'll make great and quality music in the years to come, so that he'll be one of the best as a total...

I think that those who know Gus G already consider him as one of the best guitarists. Now, it's just a matter of time til the rest of the world knows him and that's when it will really take off. Gus has a very unique playing style: you don't see (or hear) something similar nowadays, and he does it really really well. So that already, is a sign of greatness - when you can stand out of the pack thank to your talent.

I'd be really curious to see him in a G3 :)

A G3 with

Steve Stevens
Gus G
Karl Groom

would be a nice change from the usual Satriani/Vai/Malmsteen that we are usually served...not that I have a problem with them but it would be nice to see some other guitar greats.

I believe if he writes a guitar solo song better than the fire and the fury and more difficult,then he will be become a metal legend.For example the Eddie Van Halen is most known for Eruption.

I'm not too sure about that. Eruption came out at a time where guitar playing was going through a huge revolution and that really stood out. I'm not saying that Gus can't revolutionalize - I'm sure he can. But there are just SO many great guitarists out there that to write this decade's Eruption won't change the guitarist's status much. Especially in metal. Guys such as Rusty Cooley, Chris Broderick, Ron Jarzombek and loads of others are amazing but they unfortunately don't get the huge recognition they deserve, like our Gus.

The solution is: Firewind is steadily growing and picking up loads of fans (they know where the good stuff is at!) and thanks to Firewind, Gus' talent will really be known. After all, Firewind was started by Gus to showcase his guitar playing skills (if I'm not mistaken).

That sounds about right.

Aslong as Firewind keep going they way they are going just steadily picking up a loyal fanbase then they'll skyrocket.

Personally, I don't think Firewind do enough promotion.

xx Kirsty

Personally, I don't think Firewind do enough promotion.

Agreed, but its kind of a catch-22, to have the money to advertise you need to be successful, but in order to be successful you need to advertise and get your product/music out there, and so on.

I know its different in Europe at the moment, but here in Australia, metal is the underdog.

The majority of people here listen to whatever is in the top 40, which makes me sick.

Granted, i have quite a few metal friends in this small town, but we are by far the minority.

And even then, the most hardcore metal friends i have only know the names of the bands, and stick to the mainstream stuff like Slayer, Sepultura etc.

Im slowly turning them to the latest stuff tho, Firewind at the top of the list of course!

IMO Gus has the ability to be absolutely huge, i (unfortunately) just dont think that he will become a household name any time soon, especially over here, unless he does a cameo in a 50cent/Timbaland song/video :ill:

In a world of justice, Gus would be as well known as Slash was in the early 90's.

The majority of people here listen to whatever is in the top 40, which makes me sick.

This has always been and will always be the same in whatever country you go as the ratio of people who listen to Metal and mainstream music is huge.

Metal is a 'difficult' music for people to get into and the image projected doesn't go down very well with the majority. So expect this trend to last no matter how big a Metal band becomes. If Guns N' Roses sells 10 million copies the Spice Girls will sell 40 million...sad but true.

Certain promotion is easy enough to do.

I mean if Firewind decided to send me a heap of flyers, you can bet your as I'd be out putting them in as many metal bars and handing them out to people until every single one was gone!

It's just stuff like that. If I didn't know Firewind and saw a flyer with their album cover I'd probably buy it because it looks like the kinda band I'd listen to.

xx Kirsty

I think a good place to start would be to sign on to some huge festivals.

Rock Am Ring in Germany would be a good start.

To say the truth the Premonition have more premoted than Alegiance.You can pre-order the album everywhere and anywhere

yup, that's true... i think this is also century media's fault... they r the ones who pay for promotion, right?

i remember seeing Turisas' first album at the back cover of a magazine (i think uk's Metal Hammer) and it was certainly really promoted generally. the success was certain for them due to the promotion, although the album may not be very good... the same with other bands too... well this is just an example, but it shows that marketing gets inside our minds and MAKES us LIKE something that we wouldn't like if it hadn't been promoted!

fortunately firewind have other 'weapons' that make them successful. one thing is (except for their great music) the excellent reviews that they get from all magazines / webzines all over the world and another one is their great live performance and the big number of shows they get to have. and of course it's good for them that they are still supporting other great bands, cause more people will hear them and become their fans!

i remember someone saying in a forum that he heard Firewind for the first time in a live show supporting (i think) Dragonforce and he liked firewind more that the latter... well that's logical as they ARE indeed better that dragonforce, but that guy didn't know them until that day...

i remember someone saying in a forum that he heard Firewind for the first time in a live show supporting (i think) Dragonforce and he liked firewind more that the latter... well that's logical as they ARE indeed better that dragonforce, but that guy didn't know them until that day...

Almost everyone in the UK that likes Firewind now heard them when they supported DF! Same goes for when Edguy supported Dragonforce! Madness. I notice that Dragonforce have balls because they ALWWWWWAAAAAAAAYS tour with bands that are better and have more honed skills. They pretty much show themselves up after Edguy come off stage with a absolutely FLAWLESS version of King of Fools and they have to play a sloppy half arsed, out of tune, nothing like the album rendition of Through The Fire And The Flames.

xx Kirsty