''H-A-T-E'' Tattoo

Looks don't matter so much if you got a good brain in your skull.

I have to disagree. First impression is most important thing when meeting someone you've never seen, and most people, including employers, get it from your appearance. If there are two people applying for a job, and the other one looks "normal" and the other one has tattoos and piercings etc. it's sure that the "normal" one gets the job.

I have to disagree. First impression is most important thing when meeting someone you've never seen, and most people, including employers, get it from your appearance. If there are two people applying for a job, and the other one looks "normal" and the other one has tattoos and piercings etc. it's sure that the "normal" one gets the job.

Well, where I live, most if not all applications are done online and it is againt the law to even ask for a photo (discrimination) so I guess we can just get away with looking odd here in the states.

I do agree though, first impressions are key, all I was saying is that good jobs can be found, even if you look like a freak.

I know a midget who's some kinda ceo in a television company. Cool dude. He's got the brain but when he orders in bar someone needs to lift him up. :D

You'll regret it, I promise.
There's no certainty about this, in my opinion. But it often happens, yes.
And even if I'm a person who doesn't like tattoos, please let me tell you what I think. You know, I hear people say all the time "I want to get a tattoo because it represents something to me and it has a special meaning.", well, the speech itself makes sense, but I personally think I don't need to cover and torture my skin with images and symbols of any sort... because I do believe that what means a lot to me, what I care of and what I love, is sheltered and cherished in my heart and mind, and they'll be there forever, safe... indelible for real.
This is only my opinion, of course! If one really wants to get a tattoo so bad, then get it...
But at least it would be good if it was something about themselves for real, not based on what someone else already has (and that one "thinks" it makes them look cooler)... just my opinion, of course, but I thought I'd state it because sadly, I dealt with many people who happened to do such things and with time ended up regretting it. And regrets can hurt, a lot.

Nothing cool about hate. Move on.
Absolutely right, it only brings destruction.
There's nothing positive one can gain, through hate.

Having the letters HATE displayed on your fingers is like saying everyone's treating me wrong, I'm a martyr. When anyone sees it he'll think you're annoying. What about job interviews or saying hello to your gf's dad. And do you want your body to remind you of negative feelings all the time.
Great points, Joonas. Really.

Do sports, healthier way of testing your limits of pain endurance and gain self-respect. To be metal you don't have to look like it, metal is inner strength not superficial shelter from your inner weakness.
And this is a very good advice as well.

*postjump*
Yeah, I bet he choosed to be that small before he was born. Like I was born with ''J.L. is a fag'' tattoo on my fingers.

I get your point, but there's also the side about it that a company usually looks at what kind of individual they wanna have representing their image. I'm sure in entertainment business it's an interesting approach, hiring a two feet tall guy. Clearly the intent is to tell something about their mentality, in which case aside of being intellect, the person being born a midget is just a bonus in a way. A serious and a less serious image both have a good and bad side. But I don't know what kind of companies like to hire guys with tattoos all over their face.

Really, my only advice for you is to wait a good, long time, and and see if you still want it. I'm not talking about a few weeks, a few months: I waited years to get my tattoos, to make sure I really, truly did want what I was getting. Keep doing it in henna, pen, airbrush, whatever. Something that'll last a little, just just see how you like it with that on your hands on a day-to-day basis. If one day you think to yourself, "Holy shit this rocks!" but a few days later you think, "Wow, I don't really feel this," then don't get it. If you have any concerns, limitations, or hesitations at all, don't get it. Seeing as you are insecure enough about it to look for opinions in this troll-infested website, I think you're not quite sure and not quite ready. Dude. Seriously. Wait.

Tattoos for under eighteens should be prohibited by law. Permanent damage just like many other things that are prohibited. How come you can't buy cigs but can stuff up your skin with metal and stain it for lifetime. Haha, well not my shame.

Tattoos for under eighteens should be prohibited by law. Permanent damage just like many other things that are prohibited. How come you can't buy cigs but can stuff up your skin with metal and stain it for lifetime. Haha, well not my shame.

This. This. THIS. The best solution would be to force 16 (with permission of the parents - in Austria) -22 year olds who want a tattoo to sign a contract 2 or 3 times with periods of 1-2 months in between so that there's really a rather big amount of time to think about such an important decision.

Btw, I didn't mean to be a whore mouth with my post about the job somewhere above but it's a fact that certain employers will prefer other candidates for a job (especially in business/economy/healthcare - sections) because they require a certain look.

But I don't know what kind of companies like to hire guys with tattoos all over their face.

The guy I was referring to earlier was a manager at a computer companie that does repairs and has a customer support line.

Like were I work. I work in a metal shop (in the office), but we sell wholesale only, so we don't deal with the direct public. So i can dress and look pretty much however I want.

... who want a tattoo to sign a contract 2 or 3 times with periods of 1-2 months in between so that there's really a rather big amount of time to think about such an important decision

Haha yeah, I'm sure at least 60% would end up scrapping the paper and forgetting about the whole thing. But tattoos are perfectly alright to those who they fit.

God, Flo and Joonas shut the fuck up. Comparing Cigs to Tattoos ?! are you fucking retarded?

I know there are lots of dumb kids with ugly tattoos out there, but why does it bother you sooo much? Thats one of the most stupid things I have ever heard.. Why should the gouvernment be involved in such a personal topic?! Smoking really harms your health and the health of people around you, tattoos might make your skin look shit, but there is no way you get lung cancer when you get a tattoo.

I don't care if someone has tattoos, they explain what you're like. But in my opinion most of us change after 14, but then you can't get rid of the tats. And just like starting out cigs at that age, you don't have much sense of self-protection or even mortality. I don't want to act all clean, I've done a lot of stupid shit, but luckily never got a tattoo. Maybe someday if I figure a cool one, but there's too many practical reasons that make the idea seem bad.. if you get bigger the tat spreads and if you get smaller the tat shrinks, and all that, besides from not wanting to have it anywhere visible like arms or face. I just don't need it so why not rather spare myself from the troubles.

Nicely said Banan :D thx.. well ya i actualy dont give a fuck about what people say.. i was just wondering if it was a good idea cause i didnt want to look like that guy who wear or does something just because Alexi or any other famous person do it :)

If you don't care what people say then why did you just ask?

You're a fucking faggot and a tool and need to die, but be sure to leave our forum first fail troll.

That is all, back to Off-topic, Woop woop woop

Tattoos are sweet so anyone who tells you its a bad idea can go to hell! If its something you want to do then do it man!!